Windows 10: How to fix Screen Tearing issues on Windows 10

Discus and support How to fix Screen Tearing issues on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Screen tearing is a thing that can affect Windows 10s performance. It’s not just a problem that causes video games to go haywire. So, if you’re facing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 5, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to fix Screen Tearing issues on Windows 10

Screen tearing is a thing that can affect Windows 10s performance. It’s not just a problem that causes video games to go haywire. So, if you’re facing this issue in Windows 10, the question is, what are your options to have it solved?

Well, there are a few steps we can take to get things under control. As you might expect, we are going to discuss these steps from within this article. By the end, you should have zero issues with screen tearing where Windows 10 is concerned.

What is Screen Tearing?

How to fix Screen Tearing issues on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Screen tearing changes the way the visuals on your monitor appear. You may see choppiness when navigating the operating system, and the frame rate will likely take a nosedive as well. In most cases, the issue is linked to software or potentially your GPU. The tear shows as a line across the screen, or in vertical objects in the middle part of the screen

How to fix Screen Tearing on Windows 10

Let us see how to fix Windows 10 Screen Tearing issues when scrolling, watching videos or computer startup by following these tips:

1. Change screen resolution
    2. Change the Refresh rate for the screen
    3. Update or reinstall the Graphics card driver

Let us talk about this in a more detailed manner.

1] Change screen resolution

In some cases, you might be experiencing screen tearing due to using the wrong resolution. You need to change the screen resolution then.

To check on this, please launch the Settings app by clicking on the Windows key + I. From there, navigate to System > Display.

Scroll down to Display resolution and be sure to select Recommended from the dropdown menu.

Fix: Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion.

2] Change the refresh rate for the screen

You might not have known this, but Windows 10 has a screen Refresh rate option that you can change. In some cases, users may accidentally set their refresh rate too high or too low, so the plan is to change it and set it to the best option.

To get the job done, go to System>Display via the Settings app, then navigate to Advanced Display Settings. Once that is done, scroll to Refresh Rate and change it to the one that best fits your monitor.

Complete the task by restarting the computer.

Read: How to enable Variable Refresh Rate for games.

3] Update or reinstall the graphics card driver

Try to update your Graphics Drivers and see if it helps. For those with an Nvidia graphics card, you can update your NVIDIA Graphic Card Drivers using NV Updater.

Alternatively, you could download the driver and install it afresh.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a word in the comment section.

Read next: What is V-Sync in games?

This article How to fix Screen Tearing issues on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 5, 2021

2. How to fix screen tears/artifacts?

I have Lenovo laptop G51-35 with AMD A8 7410 Radeon R5 and has windows 10 v1803. The issue that I'm having is screen tears/artifacts appearing on wallpapers, applications, and while watching a video. I've reinstalled windows 10 and gpu drivers several times, but no change. However the screen tear/artifact does not appear on external screen. What could be the issue here. Is my laptop screen going bad? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

shinhosuck1973, Jun 5, 2021
  3. BirdmanC4 Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Tearing

Iam having the same issue. Never experienced screen tearing in windows 8.1. This is non sense. Most of my games have screen tearing and YouTube videos are messed up unless I restart my CPU. I really dont know whats the problem. Microsoft needs to fix this
    problem soon. very soon. I love windows 10 but not with screen tearing.

BirdmanC4, Jun 5, 2021
  4. 樂日久 Win User

Windows 10(1067) Screen Tearing

Hello,everyone!

When I am playing Minecraft, there is screen tearing on my laptop.

My computer is windows 10, but I downupgrade to windows 8.1 now.

In windows 8.1,isn’t screen tearing. But in window 10, there is screen tearing.

Is there anyway to fix screen tearing in Windows 10.

I want to use windows 10 very much, but the problem forces me to use windows 8.1.

I hope someone can help to solve the problem and make me use windows 10 fluently.

My computer equipment : ASUS ROG G551JW I7-4720HQ Intel 4600 / GTX 960M 8GB RAM

Thank you.

樂日久, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How to fix Screen Tearing issues on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - fix Screen Tearing

2. Windows 10 Desktop Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Screen Tearing: Hello, thanks for reading. I just reinstalled Windows 10 because my last install was bloated, corrupted and a big part was I just swapped my old GTX 670 with a GTX 970. I have an issue though, I don't think this happened on my old install, but I can tell when I'm dragging the...
  3. Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Tearing: Screen tearing on some websites, including my own. It then causes CPU usage to go up to amounts that make my fans spin up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/4d40ff08-f771-46dc-95df-9d5131f24a91
  4. Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz: This recently started happening to me. Screen tearing when I move tabs around, move my mouse or play games, or even scroll up and down a page. Words drag and become very blurry. I first started noticing this after downloading Minecraft Windows 10 edition or bedrock. This is...
  5. Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.: So I noticed for a while now that for some reason, as i use my tv as a monitor for my pc, at random intervals my screen will tear and blink. Currently it is connected to my desktop via HDMI cable got it from the guy that put up the tv, and its not just when I play a game....
  6. Windows 10 Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Screen Tearing: So, sometimes my screen tears and I restart my graphics driver (Ctrl+Shift+Win+B). The screens go blank and they reset their display settings and the tearing problem is fixed. But If I see Task Manager, Windows Problem Reporting is using 100% Disk and then I went to the...
  7. How to fix screen tears/artifacts?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to fix screen tears/artifacts?: I have Lenovo laptop G51-35 with AMD A8 7410 Radeon R5 and has windows 10 v1803. The issue that I'm having is screen tears/artifacts appearing on wallpapers, applications, and while watching a video. I've reinstalled windows 10 and gpu drivers several times, but no change....
  8. Screen tearing issue after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen tearing issue after windows update: Ever since I ve updated my windows to May 1903 version, Ive been facing screen tearing while gaming and even on videos during intense motion scenes. Tried installing latest intel HD graphic drivers from intel and OEM website but problem remains same. Earliar on windows...
  9. Screen Tearing with WIN 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Tearing with WIN 10: [IMG][ATTACH]Hello I bought laptop lenovo IP 320 with the following features with windwos 10 https[ATTACH]/www.mytek.tn/pc-portable/12255-pc-portable-lenovo-ideapad-320-i5-7e-gen-4go-1to-2go-dediee-.... so after 6 months of sifting I have problems with all the program...
  10. screen tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen tearing: I have an Acer Nitro 5 and whenever I play roblox it gives me screen tearing, can anyone help? I've tried vsync but it didn't work ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/2dd117fa-c9e3-4776-8dc6-17cc6e5874d1