Windows 10: How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to fix error 1058 for updating windows10*Moderator note: Modified title for accuracy*... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amal_391, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Amal_391 Win User

How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10?

How to fix error 1058 for updating windows10*Moderator note: Modified title for accuracy*

:)

Amal_391, Jun 11, 2021
  2. jarmst Win User

Windows Defender Error 1058: can't start service

I've seen posts regarding similar behavior for Windows 7, but not for Windows 10. I've tried a few of the steps but some of them (like specific registry key updates) are not applicable, since the registry seems different than previous versions.

Symptoms

• Windows Defender always fails to start, gives "Error 1058"
    • Under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender, every option is greyed out
    • Can't manually start the "Security Center" service
      • Initially set to "Disabled"
      • Change setting to "Automatic," start service manually
      • After a short time, it reverts back to "Disabled"
    Troubleshooting Steps

• Performed virus/malware removal
      • Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, HitmanPro, AdwCleaner, Kaspersky's TDSS Removal, Bitdefender, Spybot
      • Individually installed, scanned, and removed each
      • Found some adware/viruses that were removed
      • Nothing shows up in any scans now (seems like everything active was removed)
    • Checked Group Policy Editor/registry key for the "Disable Windows Defender" setting
      • Made sure everything was set to "enable" Defender
      • Still see symptoms
    • sfc /scannow
      • Showed some errors that couldn't be resolved
      • Seems to be missing critical files in the running and backup file list
      • I have the CBS.log that was ran immediately before posting; not sure how to attach it or if I should include a snippet
      • EDIT: just re-looked through the log output, seems like most of the "check failed" errors were for different shortcut files (Task Scheduler, etc.). Not sure how applicable this is now
    Possible Solutions

• Download + reinstall Windows Defender to replace missing files
      • Not sure if this is even possible, given that it's a core system component in W10
    • Restore Registry keys back to default settings
      • Virus seems to have messed up several places
      • Nothing specific to Windows 10 online for getting Windows Defender back to stock in registry

jarmst, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Abdulmaliklawal1, Jun 11, 2021
  4. How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10?

Error 1058 In Windows 10

Hello

Can Anyone help me fix this error 1058

Because i cant run WIndows Update

In WIndows Update It Tells "Something has went wrong, Please open later"

I did not find any solutions for Windows 10

Thanks in advance....................................................

ShawnIsaac, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10?

1. How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - fix services error

2. Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058: In the security center properties local computer window, just about everything from every tab is greyed out. Does anyone have any ways to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  3. Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058: In the security center properties local computer window, just about everything from every tab is greyed out. Does anyone have any ways to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  4. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this update services error 1058 ?: I am not able to upgrade my windows, and when I see it in services I got that my windows update service is disabled and when I tried to enable it, this was showing error 1508, after seeing some videos on youtube, this error was not fixing, and when I tried to enable the...
  5. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve this update services error 1058 ?: I am not able to upgrade my windows, and when I see it in services I got that my windows update service is disabled and when I tried to enable it, this was showing error 1508, after seeing some videos on youtube, this error was not fixing, and when I tried to enable the...
  6. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058: Hi, so I have an issue where when I open Windows Security, it is empty. I have tried going into Services and enabling the Windows Security Service. However, when I press the Start button, an error message comes up, saying: Windows could not start the Windows Security Service...
  8. Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058

Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058: Hi,My computer is unable to start windows update.Through normal settings I see this;Restarting does nothing. Trouble shooters don't seem to work.I have looked online and traced the problem to the wuauserv windows update service.Through windows services I can see that it is...
  9. Error 1058 In Windows 10

Error 1058 In Windows 10: Hello Can Anyone help me fix this error 1058 Because i cant run WIndows Update In WIndows Update It Tells "Something has went wrong, Please open later" I did not find any solutions for Windows 10 Thanks in advance.......................................................
  10. error 1058 when enabling window update services

error 1058 when enabling window update services: hi, i just buying a pc from an onlne vendor seem my window cannot update. error 80070422 will appear after i try update my window. after some research i use the services.msc to enable auto update. then the error 1058 appear. please consult. thanks a lot...