Windows 10: How to fix Show desktop not working or missing in Windows 10 taskbar?

Discus and support How to fix Show desktop not working or missing in Windows 10 taskbar? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If the Show desktop button on the Windows 10 Taskbar is missing or not […] This article How to fix Show desktop not working or missing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 1, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to fix Show desktop not working or missing in Windows 10 taskbar?

WinClub, Nov 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 1, 2020
  3. DEMACLIO Win User
    Taskbar is not showing icons and windows button is not working

Hello all,

Just as the title says, my taskbar is not working properly. Nothing is showing up on it, the Windows button does nothing, although I am able to right click the taskbar and Windows button.

I have tried restarting Windows Explorer through the task manager, but then I can't right click the taskbar anymore and my desktop is nothing but my personal colour.

Here is a list of posts from other websites I have tried:

Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working? 6 Fast Fixes

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/taskbar-not-working-in-windows-10

Taskbar/Start button not working! - Windows 10 Help Forums

FIX !!!! Windows 10 taskbar not working FIX!!!! Build 10074

home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you

DEMACLIO, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How to fix Show desktop not working or missing in Windows 10 taskbar? - Similar Threads - fix Show desktop

2. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing: after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing: after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The taskbar icon on Windows 10 not showing, how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The taskbar icon on Windows 10 not showing, how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ripvulgar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/msjye7/the_taskbar_icon_on_windows_10_not_showing_how_to/
  6. Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working.: So up until now, it's been fine. But the past couple of days, when pressing "show desktop" in my taskbar, it doesn't work, and neither does the shortcut. I know it is unique to this function, as the windows + c shortcut for cortana still works. When looking at the taskbar...
  7. Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop

Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop: Within the last week my desktop changed. I lost all links I had posted and lost the taskbar. What appeared is the display one used to get when clicking the WINDOWS icon, bottom left. New computer, Windows 10 32 bit. How do I remove the current dislay on desktop & restore...
  8. Show Desktop on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop on the Taskbar: [img] I hope this an easy one. This image is from my Windows 7 PC, but I want my Windows 10 to look the same. 120614
  9. Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10: All my icons have been unpinned from the bottom of the desktop screen. Cannot get them back. any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/desktop-taskbar-icons-gone-missing-on-windows-10/02ea6899-2cca-402d-8a41-26462b79556d
  10. How to remove Windows 10 taskbar/show desktop button?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Windows 10 taskbar/show desktop button?: Hi there. I need 1 of the 2 things found if possible for Windows 10 only. Either to remove the show desktop button (which I have no use for at all) at boot up, NOT startup, or remove taskbar at boot up, but still have access to the Windows key for the start menu. I have...