Windows 10: how to fix small text on chrome browser

Discus and support how to fix small text on chrome browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running the lastest version of Google's Chrome browser, somehow something changed and now the text in the address bar is small, the extension... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tcman50, Sep 9, 2016.

1. tcman50 Win User

how to fix small text on chrome browser

I am running the lastest version of Google's Chrome browser, somehow something changed and now the text in the address bar is small, the extension icons just to the right of the address bar are small and the text on the bottom taskbar showing downloads is also small, is there a way to fix it? (bookmarks and websites are fine)

I have been looking in settings, researching on the internet and not really seeing it.

Thanks
    Terry

:)

tcman50, Sep 9, 2016

2. Resize my desktop icons, in windows 10

My computer does this super annoying thing where literally everything is super small, this includes every browser I have tried and all text is very small, icons are very small, and so on. I have tried to figure it out by looking around in the settings but
    I can't find anything that fixes it!

I really need help with this, I'm always about to rip my hair out every time I try to fix it!

I have also taken some screenshots of my computer and someone else's desktop to compare

My PC:

how to fix small text on chrome browser [​IMG]

Other PC:

My PC in the Chrome browser:

Other PC in the Chrome browser:

Thanks in advance, to any one who knows how to fix this.

Original Title: Everything is small!

SmilingSadFace, Sep 9, 2016
  3. How to fix browser fonts in Firefox and Chrome broken by Windows 10 update?

Assuming Windows 10 64-bit...

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably
    without quoting this post:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the Dell computer?

2a. When (exact date, preferably) did you upgrade to Win10 (not Win10 Anniversary Update)?

2b. Was the upgrade to Windows 10 (not Windows 10 Anniversary Update) offered & installed via Windows Update or did you upgrade manually?

3a. When (approx. date) was Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed?

3b. Was Windows 10 Anniversary Update offered & installed via Windows Update or did you install it manually?

4. What is the full name of your currently-installed third-party anti-virus application or security suite - i.e.,
    not Windows Defender! - (if any), and when (approx. date) does your current subscription
    (if any) expire?

5. Did you run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool before or after you upgraded to Win10 (not Win10 Anniversary Update)?

6. When (exact date) was KB3194496 installed according to Installed Updates
    (not Update History)? [1]

7. Is Adobe Flash Player version 23.0.0.162 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER OR EDGE
    ONLY! =>
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

8a. Is Firefox version 49.0.1 (or higher) installed?

8b. Is Google Chrome version 53.0.2785.143 (or higher) installed?

9. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., CCleaner's Registry Cleaner
    component; Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Total System Care; Advanced System Optimizer; Comodo System Cleaner; Glary Utilities; Registry Booster;
    McAfee QuickClean; AVG Quick Clean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner;
    Norton PC Tuneup; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; FixMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Wise Care 365; Wise Cleaner; etc.)?

=============================================

[1] Start [WinKey] | Programs and Features | Installed Updates

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 9, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Something changed in the Chrome UI configuration in the last update. The size of text in the Chrome tabs depends on your display settings at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display. You could experiment with these. I had Disable dpi scaling set on Chrome but I found the tab text too large after the last update and had to disable it - so you could try disabling dpi scaling for Chrome.

Steve C, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to fix small text on chrome browser - Similar Threads - fix small text

2. Fix RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    Fix RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome browser: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how you can overcome the RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome. Google Chrome is undoubtedly the best Internet browser. However, many users have reported facing RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA Error on Chrome. This error stops you from visiting...
  3. My sisters laptop has big "text sheet" but small text, how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My sisters laptop has big "text sheet" but small text, how do i fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rain-Peter2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6e64m/my_sisters_laptop_has_big_text_sheet_but_small/
  4. Title Bar Text is insanely small. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title Bar Text is insanely small. How can I fix this?: [ATTACH] This is how the title bar text appears: https://preview.redd.it/c6tss75yfqa51.png?width=1171&format=png&auto=webp&s=be9568fa94b44f993cf6c094ad702c8d955c3dfc It appears like this when I open File Explorer ("This PC" or "Downloads" or any folder I navigate to will...
  5. Chrome Font small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome Font small: Problem with Chrome on Outlook on line after Win 10 1909 update with font size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-font-small/8500cea2-779f-4328-a580-7559fbe8f585
  6. How do I make the text bigger in Chrome and other browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make the text bigger in Chrome and other browsers: "Have you tried to read a web page and you had to squint your eyes because the font size was too small? The combination of resolutions and screen sizes can result in wild pairings that make the text on the web pages hard to read. The question is: How do I permanently enlarge...
  7. Chrome Browser

Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  8. Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Chrome browser: [ATTACH] If you encounter ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in Chrome when browsing a few websites, this means, the browser is not able to establish a stable or absolutely no connection with the website you want to open. While some websites open just fine, others show [...] This post Fix...
  9. Chrome not showing as an option for default browser (Fixed)

Chrome not showing as an option for default browser (Fixed): I've been seeing a lot of issues regarding Google Chrome not showing in Windows Setting to set as a default browser. Fortunately, I've found a solution. 1. First go to Default Apps in Windows Setting. 2. Scroll down to find Set defaults by app as the last option and click...
  10. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix text in chrome browser