Windows 10: How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update

Discus and support How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, * We recently made Windows Feature Update 2004 available to our users we are a small NGO * Since then we have had a few users report Snip &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveCRF, Sep 23, 2020.

1. SteveCRF Win User

How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update

Hi all,

* We recently made Windows Feature Update 2004 available to our users we are a small NGO

* Since then we have had a few users report Snip & Sketch no longer works

* I have tried this on my own PC on site here. I get the same issue

* Namely all that happens is a yellow line appears all the way around the side of the screen for a few seconds, and then disappears

* To try to build a case, I have taken an old PC from stock that hasn't had the 2004 update

* Snip and Sketch works on that PC

* If I then apply the 2004 update to that PC, Snip and Sketch no longer works

* However 2 other updates were applied at the same time as the 2004 update

* Hence I rolled back the 2004 update to the previous version of Windows

* Snip and Sketch works again on that PC

* If I then roll forward the 2004 update, Snip and Sketch again stops working

* Hence I currently have a reasonable level of confidence that the issue is related to the 2004 update

Further:

* I have looked online for a fix

* I see previous issues with Snip and Sketch have been suggested as related to "Notifications and Actions" in Windows Settings

* Specifically that Snip and Sketch should be set to "On" in a list of apps under the heading, "Get notifications from these senders"

* However I don't see Snip and Sketch in that list of apps

How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update 3f23c9bf-5185-4993-b9a2-f054e22f4f80?upload=true.png

* Hence can anyone help please by advising:

a Are there any fixes or workarounds for this issue without having to roll back the 2004 feature update across our user base?

b If there isn't a fix currently, is there any sort of way to request one from Microsoft?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

:)

SteveCRF, Sep 23, 2020
  2. John DeV Win User

Snip & sketch

Hello FrankEngstrom,

Thank you for updating me that information. If you mean the snip and sketch? Based on your description the snipping tool is crashing?

Please try to reset Snip and Sketch

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select Snip and Sketch on the list

Click Terminate then Reset

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then check if everything is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Sep 23, 2020
  3. 328yt Win User
    Windows 10 screenshot tool (snip&sketch) not working

Hey John, thank you for your help.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 version and I have already tried everything you stated and none worked. It was working fine until last week then it suddenly stopped working and I did not make any changes recently.

328yt, Sep 23, 2020
  4. How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update

Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the Snip and Sketch app on Windows 10.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to know about
    the information.

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try the suggested steps and check if the issue still persists. If the issue still persists try with the method 2.

Method 2

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I key and click on
      Apps
    2. Click on Apps & features. Select Sketch & Snip app from the available list of installed apps.
    3. Click on Snip & Sketch > Advanced Options.
    4. Click on Reset option.
    5. Restart the computer once and check the status of the issue.
    6. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Forums

Muralidhar_G, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update

1. How to fix Snip & Sketch not working after Windows 2004 Feature Update - Similar Threads - fix Snip Sketch

2. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  3. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  4. Snip & Sketch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not working: I already did to reset the App and reinstall, also restart the machine. Nothing works.You will see on the attached GIF file, when i click to New or ctrl+N the Screen snipping is blank or not working.Windows Specs:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2021...
  5. Snip & Sketch Feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Feature: I use Snip & Sketch frequently and it's a nice simple tool for most tasks. What it is desperately lacking is a constrain modifier to be able to draw straight lines easily without having to needlessly click and drag tools around. The ruler is very nice, especially for marking...
  6. Snip & Sketch Not Working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch Not Working.: Hi Guys... Among my other windows woes I now find that skip and sketch does not start up. The snipping tool still works thank goodness. I click the icon and the screen appears for a second or two then goes. I have tried refresh, uninstall and re install of the app from the...
  7. snip and sketch not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    snip and sketch not working: my application snip and sketch is not working i can take a screeen shot but it does not get saved i does show on the clipbord when i press win+v but i cant view it plz help me fix this problem -confused AF all the time...
  8. Apparent Change in Behavior of "Snip & Sketch" after Windows Update 2004

Apparent Change in Behavior of "Snip & Sketch" after Windows Update 2004: With the "Snip & Sketch" utility in Windows 10, there are two ways to capture a screenshot for pasting into a document. 1. Open "Snip & Sketch" and select "New", then click the "Copy" icon and paste into the document. 2. Press "Windows Key + Shift + S" to capture the...
  9. Snip & Sketch Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Not Working: I am a fan of Snip & Sketch, I have been using it since it was out, I immediately ditched the Snipping Tool. Recently, when I am trying to use it, it wouldn't do anything. When I take a screenshot, all it does is show a loading cursor and that's it. It ends right there. So...
  10. Snip & Sketch - Improved Features?

Snip & Sketch - Improved Features?: Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 is supposed to have improved features over the Windows 10 Snipping Tool. Granted it allows you to sketch in the snapshot you take, but it seems to be missing some nice features of the Snipping Tools, such as the ability to set the snipping mode...