Windows 10: How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

Discus and support How to fix speakers and microphone problem? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After reinstalling Windows 10 on the laptop of mine, Asus n550jk, and installing all the driver updates my speaker makes no sound and my mic isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gregory Taito, Sep 28, 2022.

1. How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

After reinstalling Windows 10 on the laptop of mine, Asus n550jk, and installing all the driver updates my speaker makes no sound and my mic isn't recognized.I have used eeeeeeeeeeeevery possible advice there is on vast forums and nothing seemed to help.Suddenly, after some work the troubleshooting found the speaker issue, turned it on and then asked to restart. After restarting the speakers were mute again. I repeater the action and after I reboot the laptop the sound goes mute againI have freshly installed Windows 10, all the drivers are new and updated.The speaker is there, it simply makes

:)

Gregory Taito, Sep 28, 2022

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Windows Phones for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Sep 28, 2022
  3. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

Microphone and speaker not detected

Hi Nelly,

The microphone and speaker may not be detected due to wrong configuration settings or outdated drivers. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Does this happen with Skype application only or with other application also?
    • Have you tried connecting your microphone and speaker to another computer and check if the issue still persist?
    • Have you tried using another microphone and speaker and check if the it still not recognized.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

You may also perform sound troubleshooter by referring to this
    link
    . It will let you diagnose and provide a remedy to sound issue.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

1. How to fix speakers and microphone problem? - Similar Threads - fix speakers microphone

2. How to fix problem with my speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix problem with my speakers: I have bought so white shark external speakers for my pc. My problem with them is that when i connect them to my pc i hear a hissing and a low pitch sound. That doesn’t happen when i connect them to my laptop. I think that the noise is being created because my pc power output...
  3. How to fix problem with my speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix problem with my speakers: I have bought so white shark external speakers for my pc. My problem with them is that when i connect them to my pc i hear a hissing and a low pitch sound. That doesn’t happen when i connect them to my laptop. I think that the noise is being created because my pc power output...
  4. How to fix problem with my speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My inbuilt speakers and microphone disappeared, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt speakers and microphone disappeared, how do I fix this?: My speakers suddenly stopped playing sound, and when I went into the settings to see if I could fix it, the speakers & microphone weren't there, and I have no other output/input devices to play sound or use as a microphone. On the "Choose where to play sound" tab, it says "No...
  6. How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix speakers and microphone problem?: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the laptop of mine, Asus n550jk, and installing all the driver updates my speaker makes no sound and my mic isn't recognized.I have used eeeeeeeeeeeevery possible advice there is on vast forums and nothing seemed to help.Suddenly, after some...
  7. How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

How to fix speakers and microphone problem?: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the laptop of mine, Asus n550jk, and installing all the driver updates my speaker makes no sound and my mic isn't recognized.I have used eeeeeeeeeeeevery possible advice there is on vast forums and nothing seemed to help.Suddenly, after some...
  8. Microphone and speaker problems.

Microphone and speaker problems.: My microphone picks up very tiny sound and no one can hear me in my zoom, teams etc.My speaker is also disabled a lot of the time and I have to restart my laptop every time.I have tried the troubleshoot feature in settings for both issues but it didn't help. I have also tried...
  9. speaker/ microphone problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    speaker/ microphone problems: when I turned on my computer today morning everything was working as ussual, now after a few hours( I turned my computer off) the speakers (and headphones ) and microphone aren't working. I can only hear the system sounds(example: when I change the volume/ put in an usb...
  10. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype: I have problems with the microphone and speakers in my Skype application on my PC with windows 10. How would you solve this problem? Help me, please....