Windows 10: How to fix stuck at password screen

Discus and support How to fix stuck at password screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Last night I installed a game off of Epic and the game ran and crashed, and showed as still running and wouldn't let me close out of it, I figured I'd... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dеvin, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Dеvin Win User

How to fix stuck at password screen

Last night I installed a game off of Epic and the game ran and crashed, and showed as still running and wouldn't let me close out of it, I figured I'd restart my PC and be good I go to log in after restarting and I can't see my mouse one screen and moving the mouse and hitting any key won't let me get to the password typeControl - alt - delete didn't work I have tried restarting, tried booting in safe mode, it let me get to the type screen but then didn't allow me to type I've powered off 2 times during start up for self diagnosis, it says automatic repair failed/PC did not start properlyResta

:)

Dеvin, Sep 21, 2022
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Sep 21, 2022
  3. goosmurf Win User
    Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Sep 21, 2022
  4. How to fix stuck at password screen

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

How to fix stuck at password screen

1. How to fix stuck at password screen - Similar Threads - fix stuck password

2. Laptop screen stuck in password screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen stuck in password screen: My laptop is stuck in screen after entering password. I had wrote the password and pressed enter key But i am stuck in the password screen, I havent plugged in the charging cable but the fans are running at full speed...
  3. Laptop screen stuck in password screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen stuck in password screen: My laptop is stuck in screen after entering password. I had wrote the password and pressed enter key But i am stuck in the password screen, I havent plugged in the charging cable but the fans are running at full speed...
  4. Laptop screen stuck in password screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  6. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  7. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How to fix stuck at password screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix stuck at password screen: Last night I installed a game off of Epic and the game ran and crashed, and showed as still running and wouldn't let me close out of it, I figured I'd restart my PC and be good I go to log in after restarting and I can't see my mouse one screen and moving the mouse and...
  9. How to fix stuck at password screen

How to fix stuck at password screen: Last night I installed a game off of Epic and the game ran and crashed, and showed as still running and wouldn't let me close out of it, I figured I'd restart my PC and be good I go to log in after restarting and I can't see my mouse one screen and moving the mouse and...
  10. PC Stuck on enter password screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Stuck on enter password screen...: So I have no idea what my password is as I always use a pin, but for some reason windows asked for my password... I tried Microsoft password, but I think this is a local password as that did not work. How do I get off the screen?! Thanks in advance submitted by...