Windows 10: how to fix system black screen with no cursor, and can't access bios without clearing CMOS...

Discus and support how to fix system black screen with no cursor, and can't access bios without clearing CMOS... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello, i have an issue with my bios which happened after i installed office with autoKMS in it into my legit windows which makes my system stuck on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kemalingankolor, Jan 12, 2021.

1. how to fix system black screen with no cursor, and can't access bios without clearing CMOS...

hello, i have an issue with my bios which happened after i installed office with autoKMS in it into my legit windows which makes my system stuck on a black screen with no cursor, no motherboard splash,and no bios on every cold boot.

what i have done so far to deal with this is:
    1. uninstalling office and removing the autoKMS with malwarebyte
    2. reinstalling windows which works for a while, but then on a cold boot it would be a blank blue bios screen
    3. force fixing my corrupted bios as stated here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gigabyte-z77x-ud3h-boot-loop.1427533/ which now enables me to boot bios after clearing CMOS

system would only boot bios and windows after clearing cmos before every boot, in which i would have to change my sata configuration into AHCI from IDE

any ideas on how to fix this issue?

how to fix system black screen with no cursor, and can't access bios without clearing CMOS... db61e883-d000-4b02-83d0-e5671a1b9a9e?upload=true.png

:)

kemalingankolor, Jan 12, 2021
  2. jbee18 Win User

Wiondows 10 PC won't boot unless cmos is cleared

Hope someone can help.

I installed the Win 10 upgrade about two weeks ago to a pc running win 8.1. Everything worked fine for a few days and then it booted to a black screen no cursor. I was able to access the EUFI screen and get things up and running. Things seemed okay until
    the pc was powered down. On restart I had to go through the EUFI again. The situation has degraded to the point that now in order to start the pc I have clear the cmos and reset. Has anyone ant suggestions?>

Thanks

jbee18, Jan 12, 2021
  3. jdc1 Win User
    Black screen with cursor after Windows "repaired" my disc

I haven't found much that can fix a black screen issue.
    Here's what I try at work:
    - reboot the system several times and let it sit for a while (up to 30 minutes) while at the black screen (you can try to use the computer during these times).
    - System Restore point
    - RESET with Keep My Files (access from the boot and it should be able to be accessed)

Beyond that I've spent weeks trying to fix these things without success.
    Now (at work), we try the above steps and if they don't work - we wipe and reinstall Windows (so I'd suggest backing up the system and then restoring the Macrium image)

Good luck!

Thema:

how to fix system black screen with no cursor, and can't access bios without clearing CMOS...

1. how to fix system black screen with no cursor, and can't access bios without clearing CMOS... - Similar Threads - fix system black

2. How to fix black screen with cursor after sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen with cursor after sign in: Hi, I have recently started having issues with logging into my PC. When I log onto my PC I get a black screen with a cursor on it. I feel like I have tried every solution I can find on YouTube but none of them work. Even when I try to boot my computer into the Safe mode, I...
  3. How to fix black screen with non-movable cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with non-movable cursor?: I have been getting a black screen with a non-movable cursor almost every single time after I close my laptop. I have found that forcefully restarting it works but it keeps happening. While this isn't something I would ordinarily complain about, it has started to affect my...
  4. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  5. How to fix black screen with cursor

How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  6. How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?: Hi. I was playing a game on my Windows 7, but then the screen froze and lagged so much, I had to restart it. When I restarted it, there was only a black screen with no cursor. My keyboard or mouse wasn't working at all. All I hear is the sound of the CPU. What should I do?...
  7. How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?

How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?: Hi. I was playing a game on my Windows 7, but then the screen froze and lagged so much, I had to restart it. When I restarted it, there was only a black screen with no cursor. My keyboard or mouse wasn't working at all. All I hear is the sound of the CPU. What should I do?...
  8. Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: Hello everyone. Recently when i start up my Computer which i am running Windows 10 on i get a black screen with a cursor, i have tried every troubleshooting option and even going into safe-mode to fix the problem but nothing has worked. How do i fix this problem?...
  9. Random Black Screen Without Cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen Without Cursor: Sometimes I randomly get a black screen without cursor when closing out of a game, however it has happened just as many times while I'm out of the room without any game or other app running. It has only happened once before being able to log in and mostly tends to happen a...
  10. Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.: Hi all, If you're here you are probably having the issue i had, and have had for about 3 days now. I was able to fix it myself and i would like to explain everything, because there was not a lot of useful information online for this. So during my windows 10 installation,...