Windows 10: How to fix the built-in microphone on a HP ENVY x360?

Discus and support How to fix the built-in microphone on a HP ENVY x360? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I fix the built-in microphone on my HP ENVY x360?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobRiv23, Aug 8, 2020.

1. RobRiv23 Win User

How to fix the built-in microphone on a HP ENVY x360?

How can I fix the built-in microphone on my HP ENVY x360?

:)

RobRiv23, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 8, 2020
  3. A-V Carl Win User
    HP ENVY audio

Any answers yet on no audio from speakers, jacks and internal microphone??? I have the HP ENVY 17t-3200 CTO the only way I can get audio in or out is with a USB to 3.5mm jack device. This problem started after the July 2016 win-10 update. I have tried
    all listed fixes nothing worked. Seem like thousands of people out there have some variation of of this problem.

A-V Carl, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How to fix the built-in microphone on a HP ENVY x360? - Similar Threads - fix built microphone

2. BSOD on HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on HP Envy x360: Hello everyone, I've been struggling about this for a while now. My laptop has constantly been plagued with BSOD crashes and I've tried almost everything and finally got to a point where using the driver verifier got me a dump file. I've tried everything else from updating...
  3. BSOD on HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on HP Envy x360: Hello everyone, I've been struggling about this for a while now. My laptop has constantly been plagued with BSOD crashes and I've tried almost everything and finally got to a point where using the driver verifier got me a dump file. I've tried everything else from updating...
  4. How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360: How can I disable the touchpad on an HP envy x360 15m-cn0011dx? It is easy to find the right dialog to disable the touchpad on my other HP machines but on this one I haven't discovered where. I also have a zBook 15 and elitebook 840 G2 so I am somewhat familiar with how...
  5. How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360: How can I disable the touchpad on an HP envy x360 15m-cn0011dx? It is easy to find the right dialog to disable the touchpad on my other HP machines but on this one I haven't discovered where. I also have a zBook 15 and elitebook 840 G2 so I am somewhat familiar with how...
  6. Touchscreen HP ENVY x360

Touchscreen HP ENVY x360: Hi. I have problems with the touch screen laptop HP ENVY X 360 M6-W105DX does not work the touch screen driver. Operating system Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. The BIOS has been updated to the latest version of F.37, the new Windows 10 Home 2004 has been loaded, all Windows Update...
  7. Clean Install HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install HP Envy x360: I am wanting to do a clean install on my HP Envy. I downloaded the latest version of Windows and made an install disk on USB drive. Tried to run but multiple attempts it hund at "14% … checking for updates". Followed some suggestions and shut off various programs that...
  8. Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360

Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360: I never use the touchpad on my HP Envy x 360 because I just don't like it. I prefer the mouse. I had the touchpad disabled until I installed Windows 10. Now the touchpad has started working and I can't disable it. Can you help me?...
  9. HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy x360: My desktop went down so I connected my monitor to the laptop, but every time I try to turn the screen around to the back the keyboard does not work. Any suggestions on how to keep keyboard from shutting down? I've already set it up to only show on the large monitor....
  10. HP Envy x360 Touchscreen not working

HP Envy x360 Touchscreen not working: I just bought a new Hp envy laptop not even 3 days ago and I'm having problems with the touch screen. The touchscreen will continually switch from being responsive and unresponsive. I've tried almost everything online and it still is being like this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy x360 internal microphone not working