Windows 10: How to fix the crashing of my computer?

Discus and support How to fix the crashing of my computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A very wide question, so some explanation of my problem. Since around a month ago I've had some regular crashes when using my PC. The code given on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tijl Zwart, Feb 26, 2024.

1. How to fix the crashing of my computer?

A very wide question, so some explanation of my problem. Since around a month ago I've had some regular crashes when using my PC. The code given on the blue screen as stopcode is: VIDEO TDR FAILURE, what has gone wrong: nvlddmkm.sys . It's clear to me that it's an issue with the graphics card Nvidia, but I've not been able to find out what has been te cause of the failures. I've not replaced any graphics related components, altough I've added an extra SSD, but to my knowledge that would give a different error message. I've already tried a few things: 1. checking if I had the newest windows,

:)

Tijl Zwart, Feb 26, 2024
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 26, 2024
  4. vinceip Win User

How to fix the crashing of my computer?

Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

How to fix the crashing of my computer?

1. How to fix the crashing of my computer? - Similar Threads - fix crashing computer

2. How to fix the crashing of my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the crashing of my computer?: A very wide question, so some explanation of my problem. Since around a month ago I've had some regular crashes when using my PC. The code given on the blue screen as stopcode is: VIDEO TDR FAILURE, what has gone wrong: nvlddmkm.sys . It's clear to me that it's an issue with...
  3. How to fix my crashing computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my crashing computer: I will be playing a game and my pc will just crash but it will stay on, all my rgb stays on and the screen turns off and after a couple seconds the screen will light up but be black nothing I have tried works and the only way to fix it is to unplug the pc and plug it back in...
  4. How to fix my crashing computer

How to fix my crashing computer: I will be playing a game and my pc will just crash but it will stay on, all my rgb stays on and the screen turns off and after a couple seconds the screen will light up but be black nothing I have tried works and the only way to fix it is to unplug the pc and plug it back in...
  5. How to fix my crashing computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How do I fix my computer keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my computer keep crashing: Hello, recently I have built a gaming computer and after a while it was running fine but I notice that when I try to sign in it will just freeze and the windows crash thing would pop up. And when it wouldn’t freeze at the sign in, it would freeze when I sign in like when the...
  7. How do I fix my computer keep crashing

How do I fix my computer keep crashing: Hello, recently I have built a gaming computer and after a while it was running fine but I notice that when I try to sign in it will just freeze and the windows crash thing would pop up. And when it wouldn’t freeze at the sign in, it would freeze when I sign in like when the...
  8. How to Fix my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix my computer: Hi, my computer can't sign in because when I sign in my Microsoft account in laptop I had turn off the PC. What I'm goona do. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-computer/e29815e4-8f31-4f5b-9518-5ee4f8584e9b
  9. How to Fix my computer

How to Fix my computer: Hi, my computer can't sign in because when I sign in my Microsoft account in laptop I had turn off the PC. What I'm goona do. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-computer/e29815e4-8f31-4f5b-9518-5ee4f8584e9b
  10. How to fix my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix my computer: It's been 2 months since this happened I just found this community today and think about asking how to fix it so my computer had a virus I know the exact file that has the virus and I try deleting the file it is saying that the file is running and can't be deleted so I open...