Windows 10: How to fix the error 80280905 on computer without active tpm

Discus and support How to fix the error 80280905 on computer without active tpm in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, a user tried to connect to Microsoft Teams in the desktop app but the app show this error: [ATTACH] But we don't use Trusted Plataform Modulo... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Damaris Duarte, Nov 30, 2020.

1. How to fix the error 80280905 on computer without active tpm

Hello, a user tried to connect to Microsoft Teams in the desktop app but the app show this error:

How to fix the error 80280905 on computer without active tpm 2d912dab-40bc-46ae-8083-7b1082e76e5b?upload=true.jpg

But we don't use Trusted Plataform Modulo on computers. We do not have a policy to enable TPM on computers.

I tried to perform the troubleshooting using the module options and that's why I did the tpm cleaning, but the problem remains.

I did repair of the office package, the problem remained.

I reinstalled teams, the problem remained.

:)

Damaris Duarte, Nov 30, 2020
  2. I3V
    i3v Win User

TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

PS.

1. I've also just tried to uninstall the TPM device, like suggested
      here.
    2. I've also just tried

Code:
    $tpm = gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm$tpm.SetPhysicalPresenceRequest(6)
    as suggested
    here
    and
    here

Nothing changed.

Here's some additional info, just-in-case:

Code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm__GENUS                     : 2__CLASS                     : Win32_Tpm__SUPERCLASS                :__DYNASTY                   : Win32_Tpm__RELPATH                   : Win32_Tpm=@__PROPERTY_COUNT            : 10__DERIVATION                : {}__SERVER                    : MY-PC-NAME__NAMESPACE                 : root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm__PATH                      : \\MY-PC-NAME\root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm:Win32_Tpm=@IsActivated_InitialValue    : TrueIsEnabled_InitialValue      : TrueIsOwned_InitialValue        : TrueManufacturerId              : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt           : BRCMManufacturerVersion         : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20   : Not SupportedManufacturerVersionInfo     :PhysicalPresenceVersionInfo : 1.0SpecVersion                 : 1.2, 2, 1PSComputerName              : MY-PC-NAMEPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> get-tpmTpmPresent                : TrueTpmReady                  : TrueManufacturerId            : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt         : BRCMManufacturerVersion       : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20 : Not Supported for TPM 1.2ManagedAuthLevel          : FullOwnerAuth                 :OwnerClearDisabled        : FalseAutoProvisioning          : EnabledLockedOut                 : FalseLockoutHealTime           : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutCount              : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutMax                : Not Supported for TPM 1.2SelfTest                  : {128, 159, 126, 96}

3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

How to fix the error 80280905 on computer without active tpm

Windows 10 v.1709 Error 0x8000FFFF & TPM is not usable?

We appreciate the update that you provided. Upon reviewing the steps you've mentioned in the past, it seems you haven't tried uninstalling the TPM driver yet. An outdated version of this driver can directly affect the Hardware Troubleshooter and cause the 0x8000FFFF
    error. To uninstall the TPM driver, follow these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Security devices.
    • Right-click Trusted Platform Module 1.2 and choose Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer and let Windows automatically reinstall the driver.

Let us know if the error disappears after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

How to fix the error 80280905 on computer without active tpm

1. How to fix the error 80280905 on computer without active tpm - Similar Threads - fix error 80280905

2. How to install windows 11on a computer without TPM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows 11on a computer without TPM?: How to install windows 11on a computer without TPM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-11on-a-computer-without-tpm/9b3cc9db-a802-46cd-ba33-1ed5ff8bd71b
  3. How to install windows 11on a computer without TPM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install windows 11on a computer without TPM?: How to install windows 11on a computer without TPM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-11on-a-computer-without-tpm/9b3cc9db-a802-46cd-ba33-1ed5ff8bd71b
  4. activation error 0xc0000022 how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activation error 0xc0000022 how to fix: Hi!I know multiple people have asked the same question before, but none of the solutions helped me solve the problem unfortunately, that's why I will ask it againI already tried the solutions form this tread:...
  5. How To Fix Activate Windows Error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Activate Windows Error?: Hi EveryBody!I Upgraded From Windows 10 to Windows 11. Now It Is Saying Activate Windows How I Should I Fix That Issue As I Got Windows 11 Free By Just Enabling TPM 2.0 In My Laptop....
  6. How To Fix Activate Windows Error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Fix Activate Windows Error?: Hi EveryBody!I Upgraded From Windows 10 to Windows 11. Now It Is Saying Activate Windows How I Should I Fix That Issue As I Got Windows 11 Free By Just Enabling TPM 2.0 In My Laptop....
  7. How To Install Windows 11 Without TPM [TPM 2.0 Bypass]

in Windows 10 News
    How To Install Windows 11 Without TPM [TPM 2.0 Bypass]: Eager to upgrade to Windows 11 and that too without TPM (trusted platform module)? You're not alone. There has been a lot of controversy regarding Microsoft's decision to restrict Windows 11 installation in machines that support TPM 2.0. While Microsoft is being adamant...
  8. Fix Alert! TPM device is not detected error on Dell computers

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Alert! TPM device is not detected error on Dell computers: [ATTACH]TPM or Trusted Platform Module is a security chip on the motherboard which stores all passwords and security-related data. It offers hardware-based, security-related functions if you are receiving an error message Alert! TPM Device Is Not Detected, then this post will...
  9. How to activate TPM in Lenovo device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate TPM in Lenovo device: After great support from the community a few days ago regarding Windows 11 compatibility checks, I am now trying to find out how to "turn on TPM "in bios ! I have a Lenovo G700 LAPTOP, I have gone into SETTINGS, UPDATE/SECURITY, RECOVERY TROUBLESHOOT etc and then restart. I...
  10. Activate TPM !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate TPM !: After great support from the community a few days ago regarding Windows 11 compatibility checks, I am now trying to find out how to "turn on TPM "in bios ! I have a Lenovo G700 LAPTOP, I have gone into SETTINGS, UPDATE/SECURITY, RECOVERY TROUBLESHOOT etc and then restart. I...