Windows 10: How to fix the mic

Discus and support How to fix the mic in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. My audio stopped picking up my voice randomly in the Xbox app. The only way I can fix this is by opening the game bar, but the game bar has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rowan elizabeth, Nov 30, 2023.

1. How to fix the mic

Hi there. My audio stopped picking up my voice randomly in the Xbox app. The only way I can fix this is by opening the game bar, but the game bar has to be open for any audio to come through. When I click out of the game bar, everything cuts out. How do I fix this?

:)

rowan elizabeth, Nov 30, 2023
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Nov 30, 2023
  3. How to fix internal mic and camera?

My laptop internal mic and camera are not being detected. I have them turn "on" in the settings, but when i goto devices, there is no camera or mic listed. I ran troubleshooter, and i went all the way through all of the fix attempts to the end where it says there are no more fixes, and nothing worked.
    Since they are not listed, i cannot update their drivers.

CrazyCaboose009, Nov 30, 2023
  4. How to fix the mic

My headset mic says it is not plugged in

Then go back and perform the steps I gave which should fix a headset mic.

This is an interactive process. I give steps to perform, you do each one and then report back results until something works, so I know what to suggest next. If you need help performing any step, just ask back. But please do not skip any steps. We often find out the skipped step is the fix.

I was very specific about where to get your drivers. I also just now asked you for the full make and model number of your PC or motherboard and you've apparently missed that, too. I understand it's frustrating but all I see here is I gave you a list of steps that always fix Headset mic's and none of them were followed. Maybe you should get some rest and come back to this tomorrow when you can focus on the steps, one by one, until it's fixed. I will be here to help you as much as you need.

Do you have a friend or family member who is tech-oriented who you could show this thread to and ask to help you? I will work with anyone there who can follow steps until the problem is fixed.

Greg Carmack, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

How to fix the mic

1. How to fix the mic - Similar Threads - fix mic

2. Low mic volume when using 3.5mm jack RealTek. "Result 1% of total volume" - FIXED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume when using 3.5mm jack RealTek. "Result 1% of total volume" - FIXED: This was tested on an 11th Gen X1 Carbon with Realtek audio. Issue was seen on 3 brand new units. Disabling enhancements, increasing mic boost, updating drivers and doing everything in between did not help. The only solution was to change the driver for the Realtek audio...
  3. Low mic volume when using 3.5mm jack RealTek. "Result 1% of total volume" - FIXED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume when using 3.5mm jack RealTek. "Result 1% of total volume" - FIXED: This was tested on an 11th Gen X1 Carbon with Realtek audio. Issue was seen on 3 brand new units. Disabling enhancements, increasing mic boost, updating drivers and doing everything in between did not help. The only solution was to change the driver for the Realtek audio...
  4. My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...: Hi ever since I downloaded Windows 11, my bluetooth speakers have been connected to mic, audio. But this makes the bluetooth speakers sound horrible. I've been trying to find a solution to have it just connect to audio but it hasn't been working out. Please I need help....
  5. My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...

My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...: Hi ever since I downloaded Windows 11, my bluetooth speakers have been connected to mic, audio. But this makes the bluetooth speakers sound horrible. I've been trying to find a solution to have it just connect to audio but it hasn't been working out. Please I need help....
  6. How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?: I bought a new type-c earphones and after connecting it to my laptop, the speakers are good but the mic are full of static and BG noise. I connected it to my phone to check if my earphone's at fault but the quality is krisp. So I thought maybe the type-c plug in my laptop is...
  7. How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?

How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?: I bought a new type-c earphones and after connecting it to my laptop, the speakers are good but the mic are full of static and BG noise. I connected it to my phone to check if my earphone's at fault but the quality is krisp. So I thought maybe the type-c plug in my laptop is...
  8. my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?: all i know is that when i opened audio trouble shooter it said the issue was generic audio driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-is-very-quiet-and-my-mic-does-not/ea548a79-d11f-4089-a5e4-cdb9fa3d4404
  9. my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?

my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?: all i know is that when i opened audio trouble shooter it said the issue was generic audio driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-is-very-quiet-and-my-mic-does-not/ea548a79-d11f-4089-a5e4-cdb9fa3d4404
  10. my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging