Windows 10: How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same...

Discus and support How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My WindowsC: drive is running out of space, and I have a lot of programs. When I try to move the 'Documents' folder, I receive an error that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jjov17, Nov 12, 2020.

1. jjov17 Win User

How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same...

My WindowsC: drive is running out of space, and I have a lot of programs. When I try to move the 'Documents' folder, I receive an error that says,'Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.' I looked online for ways to fix it, but all I saw were sketchy sites telling me to access the 'Registry Editor.' I couldn't find anywhere else to ask, so I went here. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

:)

jjov17, Nov 12, 2020
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 12, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same...

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same... upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same... - Similar Threads - fix problem Can't

2. Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...: Actually I already figured this out for my situation to leaving the results...Given: In Explorer I right clicked on pictures, properties, location, I clicked move, selected the new folder and got the “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...
  3. Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...: Actually I already figured this out for my situation to leaving the results...Given: In Explorer I right clicked on pictures, properties, location, I clicked move, selected the new folder and got the “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...
  4. Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...: I have tried about everything to move the Documents folder from onedrive Including uninstalling onedrive. I keep getting the message Can't move the folder beause there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. The target drive is the D:\Documents. I have...
  6. Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...: I have tried about everything to move the Documents folder from onedrive Including uninstalling onedrive. I keep getting the message Can't move the folder beause there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. The target drive is the D:\Documents. I have...
  7. Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...

8. Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.: .I cannot move a folder to another partition and the message is shown in the picture. How to solve it!!!!!!!Initially the folder 'Pictures' was in C drive, after i change the location to drive D it shows this Access denies message....
  9. Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.

Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.: .I cannot move a folder to another partition and the message is shown in the picture. How to solve it!!!!!!!Initially the folder 'Pictures' was in C drive, after i change the location to drive D it shows this Access denies message....
  10. Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can’t be redirected

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can’t be redirected: [ATTACH]If you are trying to change the location of the default folders such as Documents, Pictures, Downloads, and receive an error, then this post will help you resolve the problem. The error message shows as Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same...