Windows 10: How to fix the problem unable to connect to socket: No connection could be made Because the...

Discus and support How to fix the problem unable to connect to socket: No connection could be made Because the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Subsystem for Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Abdelrahman Moharram, Jun 9, 2023.

1. How to fix the problem unable to connect to socket: No connection could be made Because the...

In Subsystem for Linux

:)

Abdelrahman Moharram, Jun 9, 2023

2. Unable to access internet connection with error: "Windows Sockets Registry entries required for network connectivity are missing " on Windows 10

Hi Dale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know if you are using wired/ wireless internet connection?

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to connect to internet.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or
      Start Menu and type cmd in the search box.
    • Right-click Command Prompt or
      cmd in the search results and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.
    • Reboot your computer.

Step 2: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Internet Connection Troubleshooter
    find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Cannot connect to the internet "Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing"

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as you are unable to connect to internet, we will help you with this issue.

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to connect to internet.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or
      Start Menu and type cmd in the search box.

• Right-click Command Prompt or
      cmd in the search results and select Run as Administrator.

• Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.

• Reboot your computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    jtelliott94 on March 25, 2015 and check if it helps.

Refer: windows socket registry entries missing according
    to diagnostics and internet no longer working at all

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 9, 2023
  4. How to fix the problem unable to connect to socket: No connection could be made Because the...

[GTX1080] No Anti Aliasing

jboydgolfer, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

How to fix the problem unable to connect to socket: No connection could be made Because the...

1. How to fix the problem unable to connect to socket: No connection could be made Because the... - Similar Threads - fix problem unable

2. No connection could be made because the Target Machine actively refused it

in Windows 10 News
    No connection could be made because the Target Machine actively refused it: [IMG]When a computer or network device attempts to connect with another device, but the target device refuses the connection, users get No connection could be made because the Target Machine actively refused it. In this article, we will learn how to resolve this issue with...
  3. How to fix the problem unable to connect to socket: No connection could be made Because the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the problem unable to connect to socket: No connection could be made Because the...: In Subsystem for Linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-problem-unable-to-connect-to-socket/a24e6f94-e3a2-40f9-807a-541ac94832f4
  4. A connection to the Steam VAC servers could not be made [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    A connection to the Steam VAC servers could not be made [Fix]: [ATTACH]This post features solutions to fix A connection to the VAC servers could not be made error on Steam. Steam is a digital video game distribution platform by Valve. Despite being one of the most renowned platforms for gaming, it still faces bugs and errors now and...
  5. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.: dial tcp [::1]:5000: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.I've tried troubleshotting. Disabling firewall etc - no joy. The following article sugggest it's an SQL error with the followonh HOT FIX code - KB2482977 - FIX: 10061...
  6. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.: dial tcp [::1]:5000: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.I've tried troubleshotting. Disabling firewall etc - no joy. The following article sugggest it's an SQL error with the followonh HOT FIX code - KB2482977 - FIX: 10061...
  7. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer USB Socket connection: I am having issues with my USB ports affecting mainly USB Memory Sticks and my Wacom. If I plug anything into any USB port after I have started my computer, it does not come on screen. On plugging and item into USB port the normal pick-up sound is made and Device Manager...
  8. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer USB Socket connection: I am having issues with my USB ports affecting mainly USB Memory Sticks and my Wacom. If I plug anything into any USB port after I have started my computer, it does not come on screen. On plugging and item into USB port the normal pick-up sound is made and Device Manager...
  9. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can't connect to service Error 10061 [No connection could be made because target machine...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to service Error 10061 [No connection could be made because target machine...: winn 10 ver 20H2 Been running tftpd64 (tftp server, syslog server etc) for years on Windows 10. Worked fantastic last week. After updating Win10 with security patches (why do I bother) now I get this error when trying to run a program that has been running for years with no...