Windows 10: How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update

Discus and support How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I migrated my windows 10 os from my old hdd to a new ssd and when I tried to update my pc to the may 2020 update, the update assistant keeps saying "We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tzuienami, Jun 22, 2020.

1. How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update

I migrated my windows 10 os from my old hdd to a new ssd and when I tried to update my pc to the may 2020 update, the update assistant keeps saying "We couldn't update system reserved partition" and I can't proceed the update, what should I do?

submitted by /u/tzuienami
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tzuienami, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Anthony Gal, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Alan B Win User
    "Windows 10 couldn't be installed - we could update the system reserved partition"

I think you mean "could not update", not "could".

Suggestions:

• Disconnect any other hard drives.
    • Run chkdsk /f on the System Reserved partition. You'll have to do this from the CMD prompt in Repair Mode.
    • Initially there were reports of some System Reserved partitions being too small for the upgrade. Search for details if the first two suggestions fail.

Alan B, Jun 22, 2020
  4. jimlau Win User

How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update

Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work

When I registered my Windows 10 and went for updates, I got the stated error message (couldn't update the system reserve partition). On Microsoft's site, they list the steps you need to take to rectify the error. I was simply trying to follow the instructions.

Apparently, I have insufficient space on the System Reserved partition.

jimlau, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update

1. How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update - Similar Threads - fix system reserved

2. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  3. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  4. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  5. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  6. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  7. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  8. How to create a System Reserved Partition???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a System Reserved Partition???: In my laptop, i have 2 drives,first one is 1TB HDD which is completely empty and have no System Reserved Partition but second one is 120GB SSD, in which the windows 10 is installed and it also do have 549MB System Reserved partition. My question is there any to way to create...
  9. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  10. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...