Windows 10: How to fix the "There was a problem resetting your PC" error

Discus and support How to fix the "There was a problem resetting your PC" error in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Windows 10 is an operating system with a fair share of issues. There are, however, built-in solutions for many of these. For example, when there is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to fix the "There was a problem resetting your PC" error

Windows 10 is an operating system with a fair share of issues. There are, however, built-in solutions for many of these. For example, when there is an issue during booting, Windows resorts to the Automatic Repair wizard, which should fix the issue. But if that fails, the solution Windows offers is to Reset or Refresh [...]

The post How to fix the “There was a problem resetting your PC” error appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Jun 19, 2018
  2. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me *Smile

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too *Smile

-

Tankachoo, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Jimmy6 Win User
    Windows error 8024402F Fix?

You can fix this problem easily please follow the steps which is using in this video "youtu.be/TXW64QDpGoI"

Jimmy6, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fix the "There was a problem resetting your PC" error - Similar Threads - fix was problem

2. There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made: My computer has been running a bit slow lately, so I tried to factory reset it. It was working out well until it reached around 35%, and I got an error message saying no changes were made and reset was failed. I tried this 3 more times with similar results. Can somebody...
  3. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made: I've been trying to reset my laptop MANY times, but it'll always tell me this "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made", I really need to reset my laptop. Any solutions out there? I watched YouTube, searched for articles regarding it, but none seemed to...
  4. There was a problem resetting your pc.

There was a problem resetting your pc.: My dell pc is starting up slowly and performance became slower so I wanted to reset my pc. But when I enter setting do reset it is showing as " There was a problem resetting your pc" I have tried the following steps after entering into boot menu troubleshoot>Advanced...
  5. Your PC Ran Into a Problem... QR code to Fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC Ran Into a Problem... QR code to Fix: Hi, You would have thought that MS understood about Digital Convergence (that old thing from the 1990s). What would be so handy is to use your Mobile to scan in the QR code of what went wrong and open up the aka.ms page for the fix. That is the QR code is a Call to Action....
  6. Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC": As the title says, I tried to reset/restore my Asus Laptop (Windows 10 Free Upgrade from Windows 8) and no matter what I do, I always get the error "There was a problem resetting your PC" and I have google'd, search through heaps of forums and I have had multiple attempts at...
  7. There was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made.

There was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made.: I was running Windows 7 and upgraded my pc to windows 10. I wanted to do a clean reset and remove everything from the pc. When I go to Settings>Update and Security>Recovery>Get Started>Remove Everything, I seem to always end up with the error message: There was a problem...
  8. Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX: How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8. This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC. This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10. Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it...
  9. There is a problem resetting your pc

There is a problem resetting your pc: its almost two days that I'm trying to reset my pc but I am getting an error "There is a problem resetting your pc". The reason why I am resetting are due to browsers (ie, chrome, Mozilla, opera) cant connect thru the internet and skype cant login. *cry I tried to read some...
  10. There was a problem while resetting your PC

There was a problem while resetting your PC: So over the recent months I've been running into problems with W10 updates and I've found out that a lot of people fixed them by resetting their PCs. Today I've gathered up the courage to do this myself. I've made a back up Recovery image, created a restore point and went on....