Windows 10: How to fix this black icons?

Discus and support How to fix this black icons? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to fix this black things. It's showing on every app properties and another things.[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by konris, Nov 9, 2019.

1. konris Win User

How to fix this black icons?

How to fix this black things. It's showing on every app properties and another things.How to fix this black icons? [​IMG]

:)

konris, Nov 9, 2019

2. black icons

Actually its not completely solved, after doing what i said, whenever i reboot, the icons become black again. And when i use temp02's method of rebuilding the icon cache, it fixes it till the next reboot. Anyone know how to fix this? or perhaps i should like make a .bat file of this command and put it to startup?

Darkgundam111, Nov 9, 2019
  3. black icons

So i recently looked into how to remove those shortcut arrows and stumbled upon this registry edit:

REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons” /v 29 /d %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,50 /f

after applying this and restarting the computer, my windows 7 now has black icons. Its not black boxes over the icons, its straight up the icon is black. when i refresh, i can see for a milisecond the real icon. Anyone know how to fix this besides a system restore? (i don't have any restore points *Bang Head :bangheadHow to fix this black icons? :)

Edit and I also went into the registry and went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, and clicked on "link" and edited the value for it to 0000 00 00 00 00

not sure if that also contributed to this problem.

Darkgundam111, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to fix this black icons? - Similar Threads - fix black icons

2. Black background - How to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black background - How to fix: For some reason the background for a number of apps is all black instead of white. I cannot find in settings anywhere to fix this. Where do I go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-background-how-to-fix/05b56420-0b2e-407d-a04c-23edc14d1d84
  3. Black background - How to fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black background - How to fix: For some reason the background for a number of apps is all black instead of white. I cannot find in settings anywhere to fix this. Where do I go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-background-how-to-fix/05b56420-0b2e-407d-a04c-23edc14d1d84
  4. How to fix black screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen?: Black screen appears when I want to look for documents in File Explorer. I can fix this temporarily going on Task Manager and looking for explorer.exe. but doesn't resolve the problem from recurring. Have also tried running sfc /scannow from command prompt without solving the...
  5. How to fix black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen?: Black screen appears when I want to look for documents in File Explorer. I can fix this temporarily going on Task Manager and looking for explorer.exe. but doesn't resolve the problem from recurring. Have also tried running sfc /scannow from command prompt without solving the...
  6. How to fix it?? the icons are not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix it?? the icons are not working: [ATTACH] Only the user's desktop icon isn't working, unable to change it or make it default. How to fix it, please help me. https://i.redd.it/1nyhsiqp8is61.gif submitted by /u/Snorlax_lax [link] [comments]...
  7. How to fix this icon issue

How to fix this icon issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HyperScar24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0dbh5/how_to_fix_this_icon_issue/
  8. How to fix those icons?

How to fix those icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kurokomon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6b0l5/how_to_fix_those_icons/
  9. How to fix this icon ?

How to fix this icon ?: [ATTACH] after bluescreen this app that's on my hard drive it become like this . others are still fine like other games in same hard drive are fine but this one is not. my os is in my ssd submitted by /u/Animebomb [link] [comments]...
  10. How to fix the icons in setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix the icons in setting?: Oneday I have no idea how the icons in setting turned into squires like in the picture. Not all of them, but some. I wonder how to fix them. Which file or files were broken? [ATTACH]...