Windows 10: How to fix this Boxed/corrupted icon problem to windows deafult icon?

Discus and support How to fix this Boxed/corrupted icon problem to windows deafult icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, how to fix this boxed icon problem & re-store to default? & what might be the coz of this kinda problem? one night it was good and next morning it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #MehediHasan#, Feb 28, 2020.

1. How to fix this Boxed/corrupted icon problem to windows deafult icon?

Hi,

how to fix this boxed icon problem & re-store to default? & what might be the coz of this kinda problem? one night it was good and next morning it looks like this.

Thanks.

windows 10 pro, v1909,

OSB - 18363.657

How to fix this Boxed/corrupted icon problem to windows deafult icon? c5de9d08-b0a6-4a8a-b18b-4f85bfa454e0?upload=true.png

THIS IS ONE OF MANY ICON PROBLEM

:)

#MehediHasan#, Feb 28, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 28, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Weird drive icons - Windows 7

It is possibly you (may) have a virus/malware.
    It is always safe to do a scan with a good A/V program and a good anti-malware program.

However, if, they do not turn up any problems... you might want to try this fix --> Icons change incorrectly in Windows

Edit:

The Windows Club has Icon Cache Rebuilder, which you can try.

Run a scan of your system files, too. This should check and make sure your system files are not compromised (which shell32.dll is one of and contains the systems icons).
    To do this run this command (without quotation marks) from a Administrative command prompt --> "sfc /scannow" (be sure to put a space between the "c" and "/")
    It is explained here --> Use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

95Viper, Feb 28, 2020
  4. How to fix this Boxed/corrupted icon problem to windows deafult icon?

black icons

So i recently looked into how to remove those shortcut arrows and stumbled upon this registry edit:

REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons” /v 29 /d %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,50 /f

after applying this and restarting the computer, my windows 7 now has black icons. Its not black boxes over the icons, its straight up the icon is black. when i refresh, i can see for a milisecond the real icon. Anyone know how to fix this besides a system restore? (i don't have any restore points *Bang Head :bangheadHow to fix this Boxed/corrupted icon problem to windows deafult icon? :)

Edit and I also went into the registry and went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, and clicked on "link" and edited the value for it to 0000 00 00 00 00

not sure if that also contributed to this problem.

Darkgundam111, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

How to fix this Boxed/corrupted icon problem to windows deafult icon?

1. How to fix this Boxed/corrupted icon problem to windows deafult icon? - Similar Threads - fix Boxed corrupted

2. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  3. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  4. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar problem - Icons are postponed. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar problem - Icons are postponed. How to fix it?: [ATTACH] So you can see that the icons of the programs way deeper are as it should be. I can't see which program are open. How do I fix it? On my second monitor it looks right. All Icons at the same hight. (Taskbar fixed doesn't make a difference.) I already tried...
  6. How to fix this icon ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix this icon ?: [ATTACH] after bluescreen this app that's on my hard drive it become like this . others are still fine like other games in same hard drive are fine but this one is not. my os is in my ssd submitted by /u/Animebomb [link] [comments]...
  7. corrupt icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt icons: I have some legacy programs in a folder off the root whose icons have have become 'default' (a white rectangle). If I rename this folder, the icons magically reappear correctly. Rebuilding the icon cache does not fix the problem! There are more than just five executable...
  8. Corrupt Adobe Reader icon - Quick Fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupt Adobe Reader icon - Quick Fix: r4e-5GAOliI 56760
  9. deafult apps is totally corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deafult apps is totally corrupt: ever since installing it on several machines I get friends complaining that the default apps in settings does not work at all??? ive had to cheat and go the old windows 7 way through default programs ive seen this happen on lots of win10 machines so its obviously a bug...
  10. Icon corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon corruption: Hi, I have a friend who recently upgraded from W8.1 to W10 on an HP laptop. There's been a few glitches since the upgrade; one of which is some icon corruption. Some image files on the desktop that seemed to be fixed by copying and pasting the files and deleting the...