Windows 10: How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

Discus and support How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I try to open anything this pops up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnonymousUA, Sep 27, 2020.

1. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.... 22e84fbd-edd5-44d2-9a13-85287f602418?upload=true.png

When I try to open anything this pops up.

:)

AnonymousUA, Sep 27, 2020

2. When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 27, 2020
  3. jalea148 Win User
    there is no email program associated to perform the requested action

I'm sure what you mean re User Accounts what is listed under Mail. There were no mail references. Same with Set defaults by app.
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.... [​IMG]

jalea148, Sep 27, 2020
  4. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the default apps settings page

Hello pauljewitt,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Please refer suggestions mentioned here:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-this-file-does-no...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

1. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.... - Similar Threads - fix file does

2. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action?: I am going to uninstall Sketchup 23 30 days trial version from my PC. and the pop up asking that "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps...
  3. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: i get that error , settings and menu apps are all gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-file-does-not-have-an-app/82523904-7f46-42cc-b027-d0c502d7f5f6
  4. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: This message appears every time I plug in my camera to transfer photos/videos to my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-file-does-not-have-an-app/360874b0-07a6-4cfb-8d81-edb1cd7051fd
  5. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: This message appears every time I plug in my camera to transfer photos/videos to my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-file-does-not-have-an-app/360874b0-07a6-4cfb-8d81-edb1cd7051fd
  6. How to fix "The file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "The file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: It says file failed to upload so i hope you understand my question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-file-does-not-have-an-app/16f7362c-31cb-4457-b848-24502802bbcd
  7. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: Please help me fix this issue on Windows 11. PC: Lenovo 9i - i7 1185G7 16GB ram 500GB hard drive.I already tried:1. Type "cmd" in windows search bar2. Right click on "Command Prompt"3. Select "Run as Administrator"4. Type "sfc /scannow" without quote and press ENTERThen :1....
  8. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: Please help me fix this issue on Windows 11. PC: Lenovo 9i - i7 1185G7 16GB ram 500GB hard drive.I already tried:1. Type "cmd" in windows search bar2. Right click on "Command Prompt"3. Select "Run as Administrator"4. Type "sfc /scannow" without quote and press ENTERThen :1....
  9. How to fix a file that does not have an app associated with it for performing this action?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix a file that does not have an app associated with it for performing this action?: Hi I am having difficulty figuring out what to do. [IMG] I am trying to upload photoshop app and it is not listed. See laptop details [IMG] I would appreciate any help with this. By the way I noted that under security the app and browser control is switched...
  10. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: How to fix below errror: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. Screenshot of error: [ATTACH] PC Info: Microsoft...