Windows 10: How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up...

Discus and support How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SamiCorollaGuy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SamiCorollaGuy, Jan 14, 2020.

1. How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up...

/u/SamiCorollaGuy, Jan 14, 2020

2. Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Jan 14, 2020
  3. little cat, Jan 14, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up...

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up...

1. How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up... - Similar Threads - fix imstalling goes

2. I cleaned hard drive clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cleaned hard drive clean: I cleaned my ASUS X453M hard drive totally clean, i don't know how to download windows on it cause i don't have a flash drive. I tried to use that hard drive to download windows on it, and it did not worki used youtube videos i found....
  3. Every now and then something goes wrong with windows please fix these issues! (More...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every now and then something goes wrong with windows please fix these issues! (More...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anti-Dreamer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek4jxb/every_now_and_then_something_goes_wrong_with/
  4. How to clean up excess partition on boot drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to clean up excess partition on boot drive?: Here's what disk management tells me: [img] How to merge the first and last partitions and free up the excess one? Yes I know it's "only" 0.5GB, but the OCD part of me wants to sort it out *Smile David 136550
  5. cant access file on an old hard drive how can i fix it?

cant access file on an old hard drive how can i fix it?: I have an old hard drive and plugged it into my pc recently when plugged in my pc shows it is plugged in,in control panel i cannot fin it in disk management and when clicking access files through the control panel nothing happens[IMG]...
  6. When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up: When I run disc clean up, it gives me the option to clean up the C drive. It says that it will free up 6 GB of data, then goes through the motions. Then when I re-run the program, it still says that it has 6 GB of space to free up in the C drive, like it never really...
  7. unlock a device -im the administrator but cant find how to unlock

unlock a device -im the administrator but cant find how to unlock: I was managing my devices and locked my surface tablet. Now I want to unlock it. I dont see an unlock option. HELP I am the Administrator...
  8. How do i fix wrong screen display size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i fix wrong screen display size?: My setting is at 100% yet screen size is 125. I have up to date drivers and tried pressing the Control 0 keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-wrong-screen-display-size/0a2c87e4-5121-4ebe-8ee4-dd5ae993238a
  9. How to clean up this mess?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to clean up this mess?: I just completed the Win10 Anniversary Update on my laptop. Doing that is another story - but this is what my boot drive looks like now: [img] This system was originally Win8 (I know, i should change the drive name) which i updated to Win10 when that came out. I never...
  10. Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L

Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L: Hello. I was automatically upgraded from Windows 8.1 last night to Windows 10 (64 bit). My main drives C and D are now showing up twice in Windows Explorer -- as K and L. This is confusing the heck out of my backup tool. How do I get rid of these second instances? The drive...