Windows 10: How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up...

Discus and support How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SamiCorollaGuy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SamiCorollaGuy, Jan 14, 2020.

1. How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up...

/u/SamiCorollaGuy, Jan 14, 2020

2. Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Jan 14, 2020
  3. little cat, Jan 14, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up...

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up...

1. How to fix this? Im imstalling Windows and it goes to wrong drive (L:) and i cant clean up... - Similar Threads - fix imstalling goes

2. How to clean up my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean up my C drive: Hi... i own a asus laptop with 256GB HDD and a later installed 1 TB HDD...my C drive now shows only 9.76 GB out of 129 GB free...and its marked in red.how can i clean this C drive.im on windows 11 now....
  3. How to clean up my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean up my C drive: Hi... i own a asus laptop with 256GB HDD and a later installed 1 TB HDD...my C drive now shows only 9.76 GB out of 129 GB free...and its marked in red.how can i clean this C drive.im on windows 11 now....
  4. I did something wrong and cant fix it back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I did something wrong and cant fix it back: I changed the permissions to SYSTEM by mistake and now the whole D: is set to that and I cant changed it. The ''change'' button is greyed out and im worried....
  5. I did something wrong and cant fix it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did something wrong and cant fix it back: I changed the permissions to SYSTEM by mistake and now the whole D: is set to that and I cant changed it. The ''change'' button is greyed out and im worried....
  6. I did something wrong and cant fix it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to clean up drive.

How to clean up drive.: i onyl have one drive on my pc and i want to delete evrything on it meaning clean it up so it doesnt have any data on it . *override it with 0* And i dont have a flash drive or a dvd to use a 3rd party application to do that. And i want to reinstall windows 10 manually and...
  8. Im having audio Issues and I cant find a fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Im having audio Issues and I cant find a fix: So ive had my windows 10 laptop for a little over a year now and Ive been trying to fix an audio issue I have had for a few months. I use airpods when Im using my laptop to listen to music, log on google meets, and chat with my friends on discord, however when I turn on my...
  9. Multiple drives clean up

Multiple drives clean up: Hi, I recently changed my pc and kept the old hard drive from it for extra storage. I have; Local disc c: 8gb free of 218gb ssd System reserved D: 456mb free of 496mb all that is on this is a file $winre backup partition marker 0kb, can i delete this drive? Windows...
  10. When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up: When I run disc clean up, it gives me the option to clean up the C drive. It says that it will free up 6 GB of data, then goes through the motions. Then when I re-run the program, it still says that it has 6 GB of space to free up in the C drive, like it never really...