Windows 10: How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

Discus and support How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, one day I went onto my PC, and I usually use the number keys from the top row instead of the number pad, but suddenly they don't work anymore.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SahalHassan, Nov 27, 2022.

1. How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

So, one day I went onto my PC, and I usually use the number keys from the top row instead of the number pad, but suddenly they don't work anymore.The only top-row number keys that work is 5 and 6. I've tried a number of ways, including to do Ctrl+Alt+Fn or Ctrl+Windows Key+Fn but they don't work at all. My number pad works but it's annoying when I try to use the top rows and forget they don't work anymore. The rest of my keyboard works as fine as usual.Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

SahalHassan, Nov 27, 2022

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this happened? I looked it up and it seems to be a reoccurring problem for some people, and I've tried some of the suggestions on various forums such as: updating my keyboard driver, reinstalling my keyboard driver, holding fn/windows key + alt + ctrl, as well as pressing the keys that don't work and holding them down in various formations.
    I would really love some help with this, as it's pretty annoying to have to use the keypad and not be able to use various symbols like parentheses and exclamation marks.
    Thank you.

Sophie.ieio, Nov 27, 2022
  4. How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

number keys not working except 5 and 6

In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working

> Un install keyboard driver and installed

> Removed recent windows updates

> Hold Ctrl, Fn and Alt keys for thirty seonds

> Hold Ctrl, win and Alt keys for thirty seonds

> Dust outed the key pad with air blower...................none of these worked out.

It looks this this issue is there since long and no proper solutions yet from microsoft. Please help me to resolve this.

Regards

Mathivanan

MathivananT, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

1. How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6 - Similar Threads - fix top row

2. My top row numbers don't work, except for 5 and 6. Arrow keys don't work either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My top row numbers don't work, except for 5 and 6. Arrow keys don't work either.: Hi I'm on windows eleven, and when I press those keys regularly, my laptop doesn't detect anything. I've double checked by using those websites that show you which keys you're pressing on your keyboard. This is an issue because I don't know how to re-map keys that my laptop...
  3. My top row numbers don't work, except for 5 and 6. Arrow keys don't work either.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My top row numbers don't work, except for 5 and 6. Arrow keys don't work either.: Hi I'm on windows eleven, and when I press those keys regularly, my laptop doesn't detect anything. I've double checked by using those websites that show you which keys you're pressing on your keyboard. This is an issue because I don't know how to re-map keys that my laptop...
  4. My laptop's keyboard’s top row number keys are not working except 5 and 6 I don’t have a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop's keyboard’s top row number keys are not working except 5 and 6 I don’t have a...: I tried reinstalling windows, cleaning and everything mentioned from the previous thread. My keys does work but occasionally and I started to face this issue since after I reset my pc and windows. Just yesterday they were working but when my laptop goes into sleep it stops...
  5. My laptop's keyboard’s top row number keys are not working except 5 and 6 I don’t have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard’s top row number keys are not working except 5 and 6 I don’t have a...: I tried reinstalling windows, cleaning and everything mentioned from the previous thread. My keys does work but occasionally and I started to face this issue since after I reset my pc and windows. Just yesterday they were working but when my laptop goes into sleep it stops...
  6. How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6: So, one day I went onto my PC, and I usually use the number keys from the top row instead of the number pad, but suddenly they don't work anymore.The only top-row number keys that work is 5 and 6. I've tried a number of ways, including to do Ctrl+Alt+Fn or Ctrl+Windows Key+Fn...
  7. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  8. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  9. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. number keys not working except 5 and 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    number keys not working except 5 and 6: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...