Windows 10: How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?

Discus and support How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just cut and paste a number of jpg photos from my phone to my desktop, and now they won't open (and I've also lost them from my phone). When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Madeline117, Dec 8, 2018.

1. How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?

I just cut and paste a number of jpg photos from my phone to my desktop, and now they won't open (and I've also lost them from my phone). When I try to open the files, it says they are 'unsupported, damaged or corrupted'. Is there an easy fix to recover these files? I will be really gutted if I've lost them forever How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files? :( Really hoping someone may have a quick fix!

:)

Madeline117, Dec 8, 2018

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?

Corrupt .jpg files

well... no. corrupt means the data is lost. Parts of the files are missing or over-written, so you only recovered empty/damaged files. nothing you can do there.

Mussels, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?

1. How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files? - Similar Threads - fix unsupported damaged

2. How to fix corrupt/unsupported file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix corrupt/unsupported file?: I have already checked a thread but I couldn't find the answer. So I wanted to open a png file but it said it was unsupported, I checked the file type and it said data. What does this mean and how to fix this?...
  3. How to fix corrupt/unsupported file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix corrupt/unsupported file?: I have already checked a thread but I couldn't find the answer. So I wanted to open a png file but it said it was unsupported, I checked the file type and it said data. What does this mean and how to fix this?...
  4. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  5. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  6. .jpg file pictures corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jpg file pictures corrupt: Some of my pictures are corrupt. I can't see the pictures. The error message tells me that the .jpg is not supported. This is only happening with one file folder. Anyway to fix it?...
  7. corrupt jpg file. cant open

corrupt jpg file. cant open: Hi team, I have transferred photos and videos from my phone to laptop.. I cannot open them and jpg is corrupt i think.. jpg size is shown as16gb.....
  8. Corrupt or Damaged File

Corrupt or Damaged File: I was working on a Word Document when I got the blue screen (stopcode) that indicates that there was an issue with my computer and it shuts down. After getting logged back in, I tried to open my Word document again, but suddenly I am getting this error: [ATTACH] I tried...
  9. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file: Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please....
  10. How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption: I have a collection of JPG files and when trying to open those old JPG files, I find corrupted ones in them. It is always very disappointing but I have no idea how and when they happened. The storage media is 1TB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro-MZ-7KE1T). My question is if there is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 jpg unsupported format

2. Format is currently unsupported or the file is corrupted

3. what if a picture says file may be unsupported damaged or corrupted

4. how to update unsupported jpg,
  5. unsupported format jpeg,
  6. unsupported jpg file,
  7. how to fix unsupported format .jpg in a file been recovered,
  8. what to do if an image is unsupported or damaged in a dsrl,
  9. unsupported jpg,
  10. how to repair jpg file on computer that is in unsupported format,
  11. computer says cant open file may be unsupported,