Windows 10: How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...

Discus and support How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please help. diskpart only showing only 1 disk. my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by raymund reloj, Mar 31, 2023.

1. How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...

How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please help. diskpart only showing only 1 disk. my laptop.

:)

raymund reloj, Mar 31, 2023
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 31, 2023
  3. ze ultimo Win User
    diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Fernandz Win User

How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...

1. How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please... - Similar Threads - fix USB drive

2. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  3. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  4. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...: How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please help. diskpart only showing only 1 disk. my laptop....
  6. Can't format USB even with Diskpart and disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't format USB even with Diskpart and disk management: Hi PeopleToday, I was creating a Windows Bootable USB using Rufus. While the creation was in progress at about 67% it stopped with the dialog box stating ".iso extraction failure." I opened 'This PC' and found that my USB was not listed there. When I reinserted my USB it...
  7. Can't fix USB drive with diskpart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't fix USB drive with diskpart: I'm trying to format a USB drive but I can't because the computer doesn't see it. So, I go into diskpart, I select the USB drive, and the clean command just throws an "Access is denied" error over and over. I'm running powershell as an admin. Does anyone know how to fix...
  8. Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error: [ATTACH]If you receive an error message which says — There are no fixed disks to show, when using diskpart in Windows 10/8/7, then this post […] This article Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Removable USB Drive Showing as Read only in Disk Management but not in DiskPart

Removable USB Drive Showing as Read only in Disk Management but not in DiskPart: So about a year ago I made this drive into a recovery drive. However, the last time my computer had an issue that would require this drive, it didn't show up as a recovery drive when plugged in. I have decided that I would like to reuse this drive however when I attempted to...
  10. W10 Diskpart/disk list

W10 Diskpart/disk list: Hi to all and thank you to Spunk and Navy LCDR - Issue almost resolved from your help. I have just installed, in my notebook an old SSD EVO 850 Samsung as a 'second' separate SSD to use for a back-up. When I try to use Diskpart to clean this SSD I encounter a hitch....