Windows 10: How to fix user profile service failed to sign in?

Discus and support How to fix user profile service failed to sign in? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When i attempt to login into my computer it says "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."This happened... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Daley Cook, Apr 5, 2023.

1. How to fix user profile service failed to sign in?

When i attempt to login into my computer it says "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."This happened after i wiped my PC in the recovery settings. I had it set to not hold any data after the wipe. I have no other accounts on my PC and i cannot sign into the Safe Mode to be able to attempt to fix it since it stays on the Profile screen for 10 minutes and then the screen turns grey. I'm unsure what to do, would someone be able to help me please?Thank you!

:)

Daley Cook, Apr 5, 2023

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Apr 5, 2023
  4. VinceB Win User

How to fix user profile service failed to sign in?

User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

How to fix user profile service failed to sign in?

1. How to fix user profile service failed to sign in? - Similar Threads - fix user profile

2. How to fix “the user profile service failed to sign in user profile cannot be loaded”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix “the user profile service failed to sign in user profile cannot be loaded”: I decided to factory reset my pc because i had low storage. I chose to delete all my files , and a local windows reinstall. Windows started to reset like normal . When it finished loading it restarted the pc. It then said undoing changes. I was confused but just assumed it...
  3. How to fix “the user profile service failed to sign in user profile cannot be loaded”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix “the user profile service failed to sign in user profile cannot be loaded”: I decided to factory reset my pc because i had low storage. I chose to delete all my files , and a local windows reinstall. Windows started to reset like normal . When it finished loading it restarted the pc. It then said undoing changes. I was confused but just assumed it...
  4. How to fix user profile service failed to sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix user profile service failed to sign in?: When i attempt to login into my computer it says "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."This happened after i wiped my PC in the recovery settings. I had it set to not hold any data after the wipe. I have no other accounts on my...
  5. How to fix user profile service failed to sign in?

How to fix user profile service failed to sign in?: When i attempt to login into my computer it says "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."This happened after i wiped my PC in the recovery settings. I had it set to not hold any data after the wipe. I have no other accounts on my...
  6. How to fix "The user profile service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded" -...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to fix "The user profile service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded" -...: I have two user accounts. The first one is working but when the second one was used to login to windows this message appears:I tried to reboot to troubleshooting mode and selected safe mode. But this error appears again when selecting safe mode pressing F8 and restart to safe...
  7. How to fix "The user profile service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded" -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "The user profile service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded" -...: I have two user accounts. The first one is working but when the second one was used to login to windows this message appears:I tried to reboot to troubleshooting mode and selected safe mode. But this error appears again when selecting safe mode pressing F8 and restart to safe...
  8. How to fix "The user profile service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded" -...

9. how to fix The user profile service failed the sign in. User Profile cannot be loaded.

how to fix The user profile service failed the sign in. User Profile cannot be loaded.: Attempted to change permissions on a printer and somehow managed to mess up my user profile and now cant get in to my own computerhome. I get a blue screen that says "The User Profile service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded." I have attempted to fix with...
  10. how to fix The user profile service failed the sign in. User Profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to fix The user profile service failed the sign in. User Profile cannot be loaded.: Attempted to change permissions on a printer and somehow managed to mess up my user profile and now cant get in to my own computerhome. I get a blue screen that says "The User Profile service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded." I have attempted to fix with...