Windows 10: How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...

Discus and support How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to update my Windows 10 but suddenly it came out We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by syafanurmala, Nov 18, 2019.

1. How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...

I tried to update my Windows 10 but suddenly it came out We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update. how to fix it? stafaband

I've tried other tutorials on Google but it doesn't work

:)

syafanurmala, Nov 18, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 18, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...

1. How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting... - Similar Threads - Fix can't install

2. windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...: i just wiped my computer to resolve an issue and some of the windows update drivers wont install but have the error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing later." its been like that for 4 hours and ive restarted it 3-5...
  3. windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...: i just wiped my computer to resolve an issue and some of the windows update drivers wont install but have the error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing later." its been like that for 4 hours and ive restarted it 3-5...
  4. Update installation progress.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update installation progress.: Hello. I'm downloading an update right now and it stuck at 5% for 5 minutes and then jumped to 81%. Is this a normal event? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installation-progress/39d4e753-c7c3-443b-b7ea-4a41927f73b6
  5. Update installation progress.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update installation progress.: Hello. I'm downloading an update right now and it stuck at 5% for 5 minutes and then jumped to 81%. Is this a normal event? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installation-progress/39d4e753-c7c3-443b-b7ea-4a41927f73b6
  6. Windows update and restart halted progression

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and restart halted progression: For a while now my pc says that it needs to update and restart but every time I do it it gets stuck at 30% and nothing happens it doesn't increase in percentage or restart, a few times I've left it to update over the course of the day only to come back 6 or so hours later for...
  7. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...: Ok, this is more of a suggestion to Microsoft to seriously think about implementing for Windows Update. I have 2 updates downloading as I write this, Windows 10 Insider Preview 20251.1 fe_release, which is currently downloading and stands at 2% downloaded. Security...
  8. We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 Updates throws out this error We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off, then here is what you need to do to get out of this mess. These updates usually happen for some basic [...] This post We couldn’t install some updates because...
  9. We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off.: Hey, i can't remember but it may have been interrupted or not... So now I'm stuck. I've googled this issue and tried this guide: We Couldnt Install some updates because the PC was Turned off Windows 10 No luck. Any ideas? Do you need my cBS log? CBS.zip 110614
  10. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress: Hi all I've been having this error in Windows Update running the last slow ring build 14986. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-l...6_06-12-29.png I tried all the workarounds in [FIX] We Can't Install Some Updates Because Other Updates Are In Progress to no avail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we cant install some updates because other updates are in progress. restarting your computer may help and well keep trying to update.

2. fix we cant install some updates because other updates are in progress. restarting your computer may help and well keep trying to update.