Windows 10: How-to Fix When Cannot Use Game DVR to Record Any Games ?

Discus and support How-to Fix When Cannot Use Game DVR to Record Any Games ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; "There is Nothing to Record. Play Some More and Try Again" [img] I Like to Use Game DVR for Record FIFA 16. But I Get This Message When I Press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gunzorla, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Gunzorla Win User

How-to Fix When Cannot Use Game DVR to Record Any Games ?

"There is Nothing to Record. Play Some More and Try Again"

How-to Fix When Cannot Use Game DVR to Record Any Games ? [​IMG]

I Like to Use Game DVR for Record FIFA 16. But I Get This Message When I Press Win+ALT+G or +R and I Try to Restart System But Its Still Not Working. Possible to Fix That ?

Always Play in Windowed

:)

Gunzorla, Mar 9, 2016

2. "Nothing to record. Play some more and try again."

I know how to use the Game DVR settings. I have looked through them and can't find a single thing that can fix my problem...

WillemDowney, Mar 9, 2016
  3. TonyCrew Win User
    Windows 10 DVR No Audio (Whens this going to be fixed)

Hi thanks for the reply, I have no normal sound issues, As for Drivers there are no drivers, it's Microsoft drivers which are used, As it's connected via USB the Headset connects to a hub which is a USB Sound Card, it's Win 10 DVR when recording cannot record
    5.1/7.1 audio, all other game recording software has NO issues, a way to fix this is in the Windows DVR Software so it records either 5.1/7.1 Audio or let it record WASAPI,

Win 10 DVR records Mic input from my Gaming Headset which is only Stereo, it records Audio fine with my Cheap £10 Gaming Headset as this is only Stereo.

I would have thought that with Windows 10 being a MODERN OS it's Software should allow for 5.1/7.1 Audio recording within the DVR Software that comes with the OS, This has been an ongoing issue with this DVR, Which is a shame as it's actually a good game
    recording piece of software.

Regards

TonyCrew, Mar 9, 2016
  4. How-to Fix When Cannot Use Game DVR to Record Any Games ?

Haven't tried that one here but have seen reliable results when using another program called ZDSoft Screen Recorder that records windowed games as well as full screen and providing the Hot Keys menu you can customize as well as seeing the option to pause not found with other recording programs including the open source Open Broadcaster Software that also was found reliable but sadly lacked what the paid for program offers.

I'm not coming up with much the Game DVR feature as far as the XBox support goes and did run across a few threads on the forum there where even a mod didn't have any answer for the bug. Search Results - Xbox.com

What was ironic was finding a mod there also mentions having OBS for recording games on his own system. The troubleshooting section only instructs to verify you either have the latest XBox app on or download it.

That was found under the "Nothing happens" item on the Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10 support page there.

The one problem I ran into so far with the ZDSoft program was ending up with a black screen when going to record the Insider upgrade on a VM. You can barely see the outline of the taskbar after Screen Recorder was set to record from signing in to checking for the latest and then watching the new build download and install. Not even having any external gaming system I had to look at desktop recording as well as pc game recording when choosing a separate program here.

Night Hawk, Mar 11, 2016
  5. use plays.tv @ Plays.tv best game recorder i've used do far

ComedyCarnage, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
  7. I tried the MSI recorder there as well as the DO NOT TRY Ice Cream more like I SCREAM Rippoff! recording paid for doesn't work software with no support! when trying to contact them suggesting a gimic type scamware. The OBS is reliable and free being an open source program that does sees regular support as well as the ZD Soft with more options like a flexible capture screen option as well as supporting full screen, desktop and game recording, and having the pause option others don't have in case you get interrupted, the game stalls, you have to make a trip to.... etc.

Night Hawk, Mar 12, 2016
  8. How-to Fix When Cannot Use Game DVR to Record Any Games ?

Also be aware that if you run the games in compatibility mode, you will not be able to record.

SylenThunder, Mar 13, 2016
  9. That will depend on which recording program you are using as well as the source of the game as far as being a pc title or being fed in from an external source like an XBox system. The Game DVR is intended to record games being run on the XBox not pc platform.

Night Hawk, Mar 13, 2016
  10. Gunzorla Win User
    I Use Bandicam for Realtime Record But I Need Record Last 30 Second or 1 Min and Game DVR Can do That

Gunzorla, Mar 15, 2016
  11. Here once something is done like a game or app being recorded I have to remember to time things right to click the F key assigned to start/end the recording. Sometimes I have to hit the pause additional times to get the recording paused when needed as well as going again. If the OBS program had the pause option there I wouldn't have even been looking for anything else at the time.

The only thing I wasn't able to do as far as what I could record was by way of the Team Viewer program remotely record a 10 VM on a second machine being upgraded. That was to be a close up look at how to go about getting Insider Preview builds which came out seeing the borders of the Team Viewer window and barely seeing the main taskbar on the host OS. The rest was nothing but a black screen as far as the VM itself. The next attempt however will be for a VM on the main here to if the recording will come out since it will be localized.

As for as gaming you can skim through one of the projects I worked on while trying out the OBS and ZDSoft apps. Until the credits are finished loading you will notice the wraparound screen capture option can't be used since the size isn't stable until the game mod is fully loaded to the initial level. Precursor - HL2 mod with a - YouTube

Night Hawk, Mar 15, 2016
  12. Gunzorla Win User
    Yes. Plays.tv is Not Bad But for Me Sometime Can Record But Sometime is Cant

When I Press Record Last 30 Sec for First Time Its Fine But for The Second or Third Time it Seem Not Respond When I Press Button. I Dont Know Why

Gunzorla, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How-to Fix When Cannot Use Game DVR to Record Any Games ?

1. How-to Fix When Cannot Use Game DVR to Record Any Games ? - Similar Threads - Fix Cannot Game

2. Xbox Game DVR not recording mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game DVR not recording mic: I saw in another thread the solution to this is having it record game only, but I want my friends on discord to be recorded in the clips. I don’t have an NVIDIA card so I can’t use Shadowplay, and I don’t wanna record with OBS always because I just wanna clip the last 30...
  3. Game DVR not recording only game audio.

Game DVR not recording only game audio.: Basically as the title states, I'm trying to use the Game Bar to record in-game clips from GTA:V which I play in the windowed borderless mode, but it still ends up recording other sounds (Discord among others) as well. Is this a bug or does it have something to do with GTA's...
  4. Save Game DVR recording?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save Game DVR recording?: Hello dear community! Windows 10 has a Game dvr function (Windows key + g). I have recorded something and want to save it on my Samsung phone. I tried to send it to a group using whatsapp and then open whatsapp on my phone and save the video. Unfortunately the file is mega...
  5. Anyone knows why when I record the clip of a game with Game DVR (or Game bar, as it is...

Anyone knows why when I record the clip of a game with Game DVR (or Game bar, as it is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMikhai [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e91tcl/anyone_knows_why_when_i_record_the_clip_of_a_game/
  6. Game DVR background recording with SSD

Game DVR background recording with SSD: How exactly is background recording storing the video before I save it? Does it hold in the RAM and then save it over to the SSD or is it constantly writing on my SSD? The SSD is my main drive (windows and programs are installed on it) but I also have a secondary drive. It's...
  7. No video when recording games with Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video when recording games with Game DVR: Recently when playing games through Steam and using the Game DVR background recording function I have found that when recordings are commanded by default WIN+ALT+G they have no visual content, only audio. I have traced this back to the Windows service xbgm not running. When...
  8. Recording game DVR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording game DVR: I record my games using the game DVR but these clips don’t have a picture, only sound. Just a few games can be recorded with a picture such as Skyrim and KSP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-game-dvr/15bbdfdc-c75f-4e70-8f0d-e841f0018492
  9. Xbox Game DVR can't record some games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game DVR can't record some games.: Well, I use the Xbox Game DVR a lot when I play, specially League of Legends and Ori and the Blind Forest. But when I play Paladins, I can open de Game Bar, but te options of Win+G and Win+R don't work, it says that I can't record at the moment, and try again later. This...
  10. Game DVR not recording game audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR not recording game audio: Hi everyone, I've been looking for a fix for ages now, but all forum threads I found were talking about the Game DVR recording no audio at all, while I can hear my microphone, but nothing else *Wink I've tried changing the audio quality, restarting my pc and even recording...