Windows 10: How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop?

Discus and support How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, Microsoft Community!I've been experiencing this for about 2-3 years now, and it's kind of annoying. I like to keep my desktop looking clean and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ph3nxmm, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Ph3nxmm Win User

How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop?

Hello, Microsoft Community!I've been experiencing this for about 2-3 years now, and it's kind of annoying. I like to keep my desktop looking clean and minimalistic, but sadly, that is very difficult due to this white bar on my desktop. Up to two white bars appear in a random position near one or both of the two left corners. One of the bars usually hides my icons and reveals them once I double-click on it. The other one just sits there and looks messy.Microsoft's instructions say to include system information, so here it is:OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2CPU: Intel Core i5_10210UGPU: Intel UHD Integr

:)

Ph3nxmm, Jun 3, 2023

2. Windows 10 white tltle bars

The process suggested sure does change the color of task bar and desktop theme but not the title bars

they still remain white.

Sudhanshu Shekhar, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Roan T Win User
    Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Jun 3, 2023
  4. How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop?

Black, blue, white vertical bars on desktop, after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about display on Windows 10, as you have predicted this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files and outdated display drivers.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows + R keys, to open
      Run command.
    • Type cmd and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
      and hit Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop?

1. How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop? - Similar Threads - fix white bars

2. How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop?: Hello, Microsoft Community!I've been experiencing this for about 2-3 years now, and it's kind of annoying. I like to keep my desktop looking clean and minimalistic, but sadly, that is very difficult due to this white bar on my desktop. Up to two white bars appear in a random...
  3. How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix white bars on Windows 10 desktop?: Hello, Microsoft Community!I've been experiencing this for about 2-3 years now, and it's kind of annoying. I like to keep my desktop looking clean and minimalistic, but sadly, that is very difficult due to this white bar on my desktop. Up to two white bars appear in a random...
  4. Windows 10 white task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 white task bar: Hi,I want to make my windows task bar white, but i don't know how to do it. I got used to it.Can any one help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-white-task-bar/003210e4-3eb1-4493-8d84-945c85e1240b
  5. Windows 10 white task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 white task bar: Hi,I want to make my windows task bar white, but i don't know how to do it. I got used to it.Can any one help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-white-task-bar/003210e4-3eb1-4493-8d84-945c85e1240b
  6. Windows 10 white task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. White Bar on desktop and no icons

White Bar on desktop and no icons: Hello, I usually sleep my computer rather than shut it down. But when I go onto my desktop after waking it up, there are no programmes. Just a white box in the top left corner. Sometimes there is another one placed randomly on my desktop. Here's what I'm talking about:...
  8. White bars on my desktop

White bars on my desktop: Hello, I have been having this problem for a couple months now, but now it is extremely annoying. On my desktop, I am unable to see my icons unless I double click the top left bar. Sometimes I can move the top left bar around, but not the bottom left. I have found that the...
  9. Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.

Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.: I have plenty app icons on my desktop but they seem to have disappeared. This happens every time I boot my PC after installing the latest Windows update. If you need any more information feel free to request it - thanks. [IMG]...
  10. White Bars on desktop

White Bars on desktop: I keep getting these white bars appearing at the top left of my desktop, they go away when i restart windows explorer, but is there away to stop them appearing at all?[IMG]...