Windows 10: How to fix Wi-Fi connected but internet not working

Discus and support How to fix Wi-Fi connected but internet not working in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Getting your internet to work properly can often be tricky business, especially when it comes to Wi-Fi. If your computer is connected to Wi-Fi but you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to fix Wi-Fi connected but internet not working

Getting your internet to work properly can often be tricky business, especially when it comes to Wi-Fi. If your computer is connected to Wi-Fi but you don’t have internet access, there are several potential causes. Software and settings issues are the most common culprits, but problems at a hardware level are also likely. In order [...]

The post How to fix Wi-Fi connected but internet not working appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Marivel Man, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Amadeus51 Win User
    No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Oct 8, 2018
  4. How to fix Wi-Fi connected but internet not working

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

How to fix Wi-Fi connected but internet not working

1. How to fix Wi-Fi connected but internet not working - Similar Threads - fix connected internet

2. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  3. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  4. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  5. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  6. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wi-fi connected but no internet access

Wi-fi connected but no internet access: Hello microsoft , i am again facing same problem that my wifi is connected and working in browser, but showing no internet access. And when i am trying open ms store, or other apps like amazon it is showing no internet connection. So kindly fix this problem. Thank you!...
  8. I'm connected to Wi-Fi but not to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm connected to Wi-Fi but not to the internet: TP-Link WM72GN adapter running in windows 10 pro. Driver appears to be Realtek 8818cu or something along the lines. It used to do this a lot but it would fix itself after a wifi reboot or after some time but now it just kind of stopped working and I can't have a consistent...
  9. Wi-fi connected but internet is off

Wi-fi connected but internet is off: hello guys i spent full day to troubleshoot this issue without success *Sad i need help *092 my spec: win 10 x64 OS Build 17134.254 usb 3.0 wifi adapter based on realtek 8812BU chipset connected to desktop pc with wire extension mobo p8z77-vlx the problem: the device...
  10. Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers

Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers: Hi, I am using windows 10 on HP Notebook. The wi-fi is showing as not connected but I am able to browse in google chrome or any other browser for that matter. However windows updates, HP drivers update using HP Support Assistant etc are not working as they are showing as no...