Windows 10: How to fix Windows 10 damaged files, when DISM won't wrk

Discus and support How to fix Windows 10 damaged files, when DISM won't wrk in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a similar problem as described here I checked because my start menu, task lists, notification area icons menus (the ones when you click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wolfy1339, Jul 22, 2016.

1. wolfy1339 Win User

How to fix Windows 10 damaged files, when DISM won't wrk

I have a similar problem as described here I checked because my start menu, task lists, notification area icons menus (the ones when you click on the icon and it opens a menu) I have tried all that is said on that thread and no luck. I have downloaded two different Windows 10 ISO's (One from the media creation tool, the other from Tech Bench) and mounted them to use them as the source with no luck either.
    CBS.log: http://vps..com/~/...Forums/CBS.log
    DISM.log: http://vps..com/~/...orums/DISM.log

:)

wolfy1339, Jul 22, 2016
  2. GBorn Win User
    GBorn, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Random System Reboots

Hello Ed,

We suggest that you run a SFC and DISM scan on your computer.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed,
    or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible. When it cannot repair the damage DISM should be run to fix as many errors as possible.

Refer to the link below on how to run SFC and DISM scan:

SFC and DISM

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

1. How to fix Windows 10 damaged files, when DISM won't wrk - Similar Threads - fix damaged files

2. Windows 10: Unable to download or fix files with DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Unable to download or fix files with DISM: I put a laptop running Windows 10 Pro back in service and in the process ran all the updates. The update service reported that it could not install all of the updates and would try again later. When I attempted to put an Office 365 account on the laptop it would not...
  3. Damaged Picture Files In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Damaged Picture Files In Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 latest updates 2/11/2020 When I look at my picture files on my hard drive with File Explorer they all have an 'X' at the bottom left of their thumbnail. The thumbnails are showing correctly. When I try to open the picture files with IrfanView64 I get the...
  4. Windows 10 damaged / damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 damaged / damaged: Sometimes I have received (or what it seems) a Windows notification to say that it is damaged and I need to carry out instructions to prevent my files from being deleted. There is a countdown timer and a sharp beep that is really annoying. Is there anything I can run from...
  5. DISM Errors How To Fix It.

DISM Errors How To Fix It.: Win 10 Pro x64 1709 Error After using Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Any tips? Stops at 85% And i Have Windows Update Service Enabled. I attached DISM Log, ty. DISM Log...
  6. Damaged file

Damaged file: How do I repair a damaged Adobe PDF file? MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/damaged-file/a3799082-2d08-4d96-81dd-0238b6868fcf
  7. Files are damaged

Files are damaged: I have some very important files for my work in my USB but when I open them it says that the files are damaged. Please, I need these files urgently as I can do to have them back. Please help me...
  8. How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?

How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?: I just cut and paste a number of jpg photos from my phone to my desktop, and now they won't open (and I've also lost them from my phone). When I try to open the files, it says they are 'unsupported, damaged or corrupted'. Is there an easy fix to recover these files? I will be...
  9. When Is Microsoft Going To Fix DISM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When Is Microsoft Going To Fix DISM?: Does anyone have any information about the Windows 10 issues with DISM? I wonder if they are ever going to fix DISM. MS seems to be putting out poorly designed and tested software these days. 84798
  10. SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files: Hello, I ran "SFC /scannow" and got an error saying the System File Checker found errors but couldn't fix them. Afterwards I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and DISM threw the error 0x800f081f saying that the source files could not be found. I then ran...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism wont open

2. dism wont fix problem

3. why doesnt dism work for corrupted files

4. dism windows 10 wont fix corrupted files