Windows 10: How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps

Discus and support How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Sometimes, users face an issue of a blank or black screen after turning their computer On – and even hear a beep sound. In such a case, many users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 27, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps

Sometimes, users face an issue of a blank or black screen after turning their computer On – and even hear a beep sound. In such a case, many users prefer restarting their PC as they have found that this helps in most cases. If the issue still persists after rebooting the Windows machine, there may be a problem with the computer’s hardware. There are many causes for a blank display after turning the computer On. The best way to find out the actual cause of the problem is to troubleshoot the computer properly.

How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps PC-turns-On-but-no-display-or-beeps.jpg

Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps

If your Windows 10 computer turns On but there is no display on the monitor or keyboard, try these suggestions to fix the issue.

1. Test your monitor
    2. Test the VGA cable
    3. Identify the beep codes
    4. Perform a RAM checkup
    5. Remove external hardware
    6. Check the Graphics card
    7. CPU and Motherboard checkup

Let’s see these methods one by one.

1] Test your monitor

When your Windows 10 computer turns On but there is no display on the monitor or keyboard, the first step is to check the monitor. This will let you know whether your monitor is working properly or not. And you will save your time in other troubleshooting methods. First, check the power supply. If the power supply is OK, then check whether any cable connected to the monitor is loose or not. If all the connections are OK but the monitor is not turning On, connect the same monitor with another PC. If the monitor does not turn On after connecting with another PC, it is faulty.

2] Test the VGA cable

Sometimes, the monitor does not display anything after getting the power supply due to a faulty VGA cable. If you find your monitor OK in the first method, try replacing the VGA cable. Also, check whether the connector of the VGA cable is damaged or not. If your monitor still remains blank after replacing the VGA cable, move ahead towards other troubleshooting methods.

3] Identify the beep codes

The computer comes with a built-in speaker that creates a beep sound. You might have heard this beep sound while turning the PC On. When something goes wrong, the computer generates a different pattern of beep sound so that the user can understand the cause of the error by decoding the beep code. The different types of beep codes that your computer generates at the time of a problem are listed on your computer or motherboard manual. See if you can decode the beep code.

4] Perform a RAM checkup

In most cases, RAM is the main culprit for getting no display on the monitor after turning the computer On. If you have two RAM sticks on your computer, remove one of them and then turn On your PC. If you get a display on the monitor, the RAM stick that you have removed may be damaged. To confirm it, insert the second RAM stick in the same slot after removing the first one and then turn your PC On. Sometimes RAM slot is faulty. You can check whether your RAM or RAM slot is faulty by inserting both RAM sticks one by one in one slot and then in the other slot. If the RAM stick is dirty or corroded, consider cleaning it.

5] Remove external hardware

If you do not hear any beep sound on startup, try disconnecting all the external hardware devices. The motherboard requires only CPU and its fan, RAM, and SMPS to get started. All other hardware including SSD, HDD, external card, and other external devices, including printers, scanners, etc., are not required by the motherboard to startup. Therefore, you can remove all these extra devices and boot the computer. If the computer boots correctly, try connecting the removed devices one by one and boot each time. This lets you know which hardware has damaged.

6] Check the Graphics card

Sometimes users get a blank screen due to the damaged graphics card. Maybe you want to check your graphics card. If you do not have a graphics card installed on your PC, you can skip this step. In such a case, all the graphical operations are handled by your motherboard.

Sometimes, the graphics card corrodes if the user has not cleaned it for a long time. Or dust can accumulate on it due to which the communication loss occurs between the graphics card and the GPU. Now, you have to remove the graphics card and then run your PC without it. Please wear anti-static wrist bands while removing the graphics card for safety. This will also protect the sensitive internal components of the computer from being damaged by the static charge.

To run your PC without the graphics card, connect the video cable of your monitor with the video port of the motherboard (VGA/HDMI/DVI). If you get an output on the display, your graphics card may be faulty. If your graphics card is dirty or corroded, clean it using isopropyl alcohol. In most cases, graphics cards only require cleaning. After cleaning it, insert it into the respective slot and run your computer. If you do not get any output on the screen, consider replacing the graphics card.

7] CPU and Motherboard checkup

If none of the above methods work for you, your CPU or motherboard may be damaged.

In any case, if these suggestions do not help, you have to take professional support to repair the computer.

Related posts that you may like to read:

How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps PC-turns-On-but-no-display-or-beeps.jpg
    This article How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 27, 2021
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Apr 27, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 27, 2021
  4. How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps

Pc turns on, but will not display anything

So as the title says my pc will now turn on, but it will not display anything on the monitors. i have tried one and both monitors.

list of what i have tried

putting my video card into my dads computer.
    resetting cmos by taking bat out for 10-15min

thats all i have tried but it worked before i had turned it off from it being plugged into my tv.

I don't know what to do again, Arg i am starting to hate pc's i want a mac so bad now.......

thanks for the help in advance.

freaksavior, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps

1. How to fix Windows 10 PC turns On but no display or beeps - Similar Threads - fix turns display

2. pc beeping and not showing display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc beeping and not showing display: obviously this is a ram issue. i added another ram ard to my pc and the beeping started. so i assumed it wasnt compatible and removed it as well as the other one i had in to go ahead and dust out the whole pc. i pu the card back and clicked it and made sure it was secure but...
  3. pc beeping and not showing display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc beeping and not showing display: obviously this is a ram issue. i added another ram ard to my pc and the beeping started. so i assumed it wasnt compatible and removed it as well as the other one i had in to go ahead and dust out the whole pc. i pu the card back and clicked it and made sure it was secure but...
  4. pc beeping and not showing display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC turns on no display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on no display: Hi, I've seen similar questions, but without any particular answer + I have a different case then those I've seenSo my PC turns on normally, but no display. Monitor or hdmi cable are surely not the causes.Now, maybe it points to something or at least rules some potential...
  6. PC turns on no display

PC turns on no display: Hi, I've seen similar questions, but without any particular answer + I have a different case then those I've seenSo my PC turns on normally, but no display. Monitor or hdmi cable are surely not the causes.Now, maybe it points to something or at least rules some potential...
  7. Window 10 beeps when turned on

Window 10 beeps when turned on: This morning, when I turned on my Windows 10 computer it started to continuously beep very loudly! The beeping only stops when I unplug the whole thing. I don’t know how to fix the problem, can anyone assist me?...
  8. Window 10 beeps when turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 beeps when turned on: This morning, when I turned on my Windows 10 computer it started to continuously beep very loudly! The beeping only stops when I unplug the whole thing. I don’t know how to fix the problem, can anyone assist me?...
  9. Window 10 beeps when turned on

10. PC beeping and no display.

PC beeping and no display.: My PC old, keeps beeping and the monitor doesn't display anything when I turn it on. It's just endless beeps right when i try to open it. all the fans are functioning properly as well so I cant find the direct problem....