Windows 10: How to fix Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate?

Discus and support How to fix Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate? in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I fix the Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate? I had the index on a non-OS hard drive and used Indexing Options to point... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by A123, Dec 31, 2018.

1. A123 Win User

How to fix Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate?

How do I fix the Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate? I had the index on a non-OS hard drive and used Indexing Options to point to a new folder on a SSD. When I boot the pc, the old folder on the hard drive is recreated. I checked the path in Indexing Options and in the registry (DataDirectory in Windows Search) and the path is correct for the SSD folder.

:)

2. A123 Win User

How do I fix the Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate? I had the index on a non-OS hard drive and used Indexing Options to point to a new folder on a SSD. When I boot the pc, the old folder on the hard drive is recreated. I checked
    the path in Indexing Options and in the registry (DataDirectory in Windows Search) and the path is correct for the SSD folder.

3. NovatoN Win User
    Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Thanks Deepika,

I had tried running this troubleshooter before, but I've just run it again with "Files don't appear in search results" and "My problem isn't listed above" ticked, and it comes up with "Issue not present" against all potential issues, and "Troubleshooting
    couldn't identify the problem", even after troubleshooting as an administrator.

I'd be glad of any other suggestions please!

NovatoN, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How to fix Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate? - Similar Threads - fix Search Index

2. How to fix Windows Search Indexer memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix Windows Search Indexer memory usage: Recently my Windows Search Indexer has been consuming any available RAM. I tried restarting my laptop and ending the task on Task Manager, but eventually the issue persisted. Any tips on how I can fix this?...
  3. How to fix Windows Search Indexer memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows Search Indexer memory usage: Recently my Windows Search Indexer has been consuming any available RAM. I tried restarting my laptop and ending the task on Task Manager, but eventually the issue persisted. Any tips on how I can fix this?...
  4. How to fix Windows Search Indexer memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you find that search results are missing, no longer valid, or incorrect, then […] This article How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Does Windows 10 Search index Windows 10 Mail?

in Cortana
    Does Windows 10 Search index Windows 10 Mail?: I've searched and have been unable to get a clear answer on whether Windows 10 Search indexes email within the Windows 10 Mail app. I know it indexes Outlook mail but I don't want to rely on yet another mail client just so it can index email within a desktop search....
  7. Indexer Diagnostics Tool will help fix Windows 10 Search Indexer problems

in Windows 10 News
    Indexer Diagnostics Tool will help fix Windows 10 Search Indexer problems: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Search Indexer is a service in Windows 10, which makes sure to find a file or content inside it when you request it. But like any other service on Windows, it’s not without any issues. Sometimes it causes high [...] This post Indexer Diagnostics Tool...
  8. File is Indexed because it appears in subfolder search, but it does not appear in Document...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File is Indexed because it appears in subfolder search, but it does not appear in Document...: I know that a particular file must be indexed correctly because I can as a test do a File Explorer search of the subfolder it is in, using an unusual name in the file's contents, and I can thereby produce that file name as a search result. So in general terms, indexing must...
  9. how does indexing affect searches in win 10?

in Cortana
    how does indexing affect searches in win 10?: how does indexing affect searches in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-indexing-affect-searches-in-win-10/5899b53e-cdb8-47d8-976e-0eb91cb0a6ce"
  10. How to fix Search Indexer High Disk or CPU usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Search Indexer High Disk or CPU usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Do you often think about how is your computer able to return your search query results so fast? On Windows 10/8/7 there is a service running in the background that helps it in doing so. This service is called as SearchIndexer.exe. It [...] This post How to fix...