Windows 10: How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed?

Discus and support How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed my windows 11 on one ssd and after installation i formatted the another ssd which had the pervious windows. Now in the bios i only get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Abir Chowdhury, Nov 24, 2022.

1. How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed?

I installed my windows 11 on one ssd and after installation i formatted the another ssd which had the pervious windows. Now in the bios i only get the boot option of the pervious ssd. When I boot with the pervious ssd it installs the new windows. How to solve this? And in the msconfig there is only one os.

:)

Abir Chowdhury, Nov 24, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 24, 2022
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Aquinus Win User

How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed?

Upgrading OS to an SSD

It's important to set the SSD as the first HDD in your BIOS' boot order. As long as it's first, it will install the boot loader to the SSD and not the 1TB drive and you should be fine. Disconnecting the drive naturally makes the SSD first in the boot list, but disconnecting it isn't necessary.

Aquinus, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed?

1. How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed? - Similar Threads - fix boots ssd

2. Installing m.2 ssd which contains a window os into a pc which also contains a window os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing m.2 ssd which contains a window os into a pc which also contains a window os: My laptop asus nitro 5 recently broke so i build a pc. I have installed windows 10 on my pc via sata ssd, and im thinking of sticking my m.2 ssd from my laptop into my pc because i still want the data inside it. Is it okay to turn on my pc if both ssd has a window os or will...
  3. Installing m.2 ssd which contains a window os into a pc which also contains a window os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing m.2 ssd which contains a window os into a pc which also contains a window os: My laptop asus nitro 5 recently broke so i build a pc. I have installed windows 10 on my pc via sata ssd, and im thinking of sticking my m.2 ssd from my laptop into my pc because i still want the data inside it. Is it okay to turn on my pc if both ssd has a window os or will...
  4. Installing m.2 ssd which contains a window os into a pc which also contains a window os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix windows boots from a ssd which doesn't have the os installed?: I installed my windows 11 on one ssd and after installation i formatted the another ssd which had the pervious windows. Now in the bios i only get the boot option of the pervious ssd. When I boot with the pervious ssd it installs the new windows. How to solve this? And in the...
  6. Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot

Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot: Hi there,I hope you are doing well :I am using Dell Vostro-14 which came with 500 GB of HDD. Recently, I decided to go for an SSD 128 GB. I have formatted the SSD.Installed Windows 10 Pro on SSD with USB Drive.Deleted the HDD partitions and make 2 new partitions.But the BIOS...
  7. Check from which SSD iam booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Check from which SSD iam booting: Hey guys, I just cloned my system over to a new faster SSD. I selected the new one as the boot device and I loaded into windows. Is there a way to check in windows where iam booting from? so I can check if it worked before i format my old ssd :D thx in advance :) submitted...
  8. How to install the os which was present ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install the os which was present ?: I installed new ISO os. But now I want install same OS how to install the Sane OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-the-os-which-was-present/05d29c00-1c41-475d-88df-ac922e9d885d
  9. Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd: I have cloned my ssd to hdd using macrium and used easybcd for dual booting.but now i only want to boot from hdd and remove windows os from ssd.what should i do?...
  10. How to boot from newly installed SSD

How to boot from newly installed SSD: [img] Hi, Novice question: I just installed a new SSD (disk 1) on my laptop and used Samsung's tool to clone my OS drive (C: on disk 2) onto it. This was done with no error, however I cannot boot from the new SSD in bios, as this hangs up the computer. I assume this...