Windows 10: How to fix "Windows Live Mail Error #NKW8J-0283X"?

Discus and support How to fix "Windows Live Mail Error #NKW8J-0283X"? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I or where do I go to be able to use my Windows Live Mail. An error #NKW8J-0283X comes up and cannot get into my email.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NatalieDeLuca, Dec 27, 2018.

1. How to fix "Windows Live Mail Error #NKW8J-0283X"?

How do I or where do I go to be able to use my Windows Live Mail. An error #NKW8J-0283X comes up and cannot get into my email.

:)

NatalieDeLuca, Dec 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Live Mail

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in downloading any attachment from Live mail and sending emails.
    It is possible that there are corrupted files on your Windows Live Mail that could be causing the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

What do I do if I can't download my attachments in Windows Live Mail?

If issue persists, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue.

We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this

link
    for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this

link
    where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Windows Live Mail error

Hi Russ,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I Understand the inconvenience that you are facing and I will certainly help you.

May I know if you've made any changes to this mail client prior to this issue?

We do appreciate if you could provide us additional information so we can better assist you with this.

With Windows Live Mail closed, launch Internet Explorer and press Alt-F to open the
    File menu. If Work offline is selected, click it to deselect it. If it's not selected, select it, wait a moment then deselect it.

Method 1: Meanwhile, we ask you to repair Windows Essentials in your computer to isolate that there are no corrupted files contributing to this issue. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R, input AppWiz.cpl, Click
      OK.
    • Search for Windows Essentials on the list and then select it.
    • Click Uninstall/Change.
    • Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.
    Method 2:

suggest you to completely uninstall Windows live mail and reinstall with proper settings.

Follow below steps to uninstall Windows live mail:

• Open “Control Panel"
    • Click on “Programs and Features”.
    • Double-click “Windows Live Essentials”.
    • Click Remove one or more Windows Live programs.
    • Select Mail, and then click
      Uninstall.
    To install Windows live mail follow the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials-other#essentials=overviewother

Please let us know the results. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 27, 2018
  4. How to fix "Windows Live Mail Error #NKW8J-0283X"?

Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ook-mail/6edb5ba6-f9f2-40fd-80a1-fc23cc6fbfe0
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

How to fix "Windows Live Mail Error #NKW8J-0283X"?

1. How to fix "Windows Live Mail Error #NKW8J-0283X"? - Similar Threads - fix Live Mail

2. Latest Windows update breaks Windows Live Mail, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update breaks Windows Live Mail, how to fix?: Yesterday, 06/14/2023, I was prompted to install the latest Windows updates to my Win10-Pro system. Updates included some security items, but mainly KB5027215, a Cumulative one for 22H2. That took a few minutes to install, after which I elected to Restart Now. Things looked...
  3. Latest Windows update breaks Windows Live Mail, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows update breaks Windows Live Mail, how to fix?: Yesterday, 06/14/2023, I was prompted to install the latest Windows updates to my Win10-Pro system. Updates included some security items, but mainly KB5027215, a Cumulative one for 22H2. That took a few minutes to install, after which I elected to Restart Now. Things looked...
  4. Latest Windows update breaks Windows Live Mail, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to convery "window live mail" to "window mail"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convery "window live mail" to "window mail": Dear All, I have a customer using windows live mail, and recently changed a new computer windows 10's window mail, just wonder how to convert window live mail to window mail ? any help would be appreicated Keith...
  6. windows live mail error 421

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail error 421: I can not send mail but do receive it ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-error-421/2ab5d17c-f122-40a1-a4ea-f108e40e9d01
  7. How to fix Windows 10 Mail App live tile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix Windows 10 Mail App live tile?: Windows 10 mail app live tile is broken, doesn’t show any mail count or anything, just the icon. How can I fix it? It also happened few days ago, but in-place upgrade fixed that, but now this is happening again! submitted by /u/itzsowvik [link] [comments]...
  8. Error message in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in Windows Live Mail: Since the August 2019 crash of Telus email, every time I open Window live mail ( I know it's unsupported and old but has, until now worked perfectly) I have been receiving the following error message in Window Live Mail: unable to send or receive messages for the Telus ( )...
  9. Windows Live Mail error receiving mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail error receiving mail: Starting yesterday, none of our computers can send mail, although they still receive mail from a variety of accounts. Also, we can still send and receive from Charter using our mobile telephones. Here is the error message that Live Mail displays on our computers-- An...
  10. Windows Live Mail error message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail error message: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me! I am reasonably computer literate (started when Win 3.1 was the current OS) but new to Win 10 which I have just acquired pre installed on a new PC. I use WLM and got it running well on two separate accounts on...