Windows 10: How to fix Windows10 - Multiple Displays Extended display?

Discus and support How to fix Windows10 - Multiple Displays Extended display? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have surface laptop 2 with 2 external HP Monitors connected via a SURFACE dock. I am facing an issue where my monitors go to sleep and the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by learning_to_code, Aug 29, 2019.

1. How to fix Windows10 - Multiple Displays Extended display?

I have surface laptop 2 with 2 external HP Monitors connected via a SURFACE dock.

I am facing an issue where my monitors go to sleep and the windows all move to the laptop screen.

When I turn on the monitors, I have to drag each window from the laptop screen back on the external monitors.

There is also an issue with the dragging of windows. After I drag a window from one screen to another, the windows shrinks to the size of a line.

Then I have to double click the line to restore the window to its original size.

How can I fix this?

:)

learning_to_code, Aug 29, 2019

2. Extended display windows10

I select extend these displays in windows 10

Whenever the computer goes to sleep, the display reverts back to a single monitor.

then i have to select stay on one, apply changes, then select extend these displays and apply changes.

My cables are tight

My display drivers are up to date

Any suggestion???

Gregory Jeffries, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 29, 2019
  4. How to fix Windows10 - Multiple Displays Extended display?

Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

How to fix Windows10 - Multiple Displays Extended display?

1. How to fix Windows10 - Multiple Displays Extended display? - Similar Threads - fix Windows10 Multiple

2. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  3. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  4. Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing: Hi,I have a Windows 7 laptop.I connected it to an external monitor/screen using VGA.However, when I go to Control Panel, I do not see the "Extend these display" option in the drop-down menu under "multiple displays".The only options are: Duplicate displays, show desktop only...
  5. Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing

Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing: Hi,I have a Windows 7 laptop.I connected it to an external monitor/screen using VGA.However, when I go to Control Panel, I do not see the "Extend these display" option in the drop-down menu under "multiple displays".The only options are: Duplicate displays, show desktop only...
  6. Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing: Hi all,I have a Windows 7 laptop.I connected it to an external monitor/screen using VGA. However, when I go to Control Panel, I do not see the "Extend these display" option in the drop-down menu under "multiple displays".The only options are: Duplicate displays, show desktop...
  7. Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing

Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing: Hi all,I have a Windows 7 laptop.I connected it to an external monitor/screen using VGA. However, when I go to Control Panel, I do not see the "Extend these display" option in the drop-down menu under "multiple displays".The only options are: Duplicate displays, show desktop...
  8. Extended displays

Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  9. Screen Saver extended to multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Saver extended to multiple displays: Hello! I am running a dual monitor setup and wasn’t seem to figure out how to make my screen saver appear on both monitors. When my screen saver is enabled it shows on one monitor and not the other. Is there anyway to have it be displayed on both monitors WITHOUT changing my...
  10. extended/multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Customization
    extended/multiple displays.: I bought two monitors for multiple displays, but in my display settings it doesn't give me the option to do so. It only says to connect to a wireless display which I do not have. I tried the windows + P trick but that didn't work. I even bought an hdmi splitter but all that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when using extended display resolution changes on one of them

2. extended display dark display

3. HOW TO DISPLAY FILES ON DISPLAY 2 WITH EXTENDED SCREEN

4. windows10 extended display