Windows 10: How to fix wireless display?

Discus and support How to fix wireless display? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to connect to a wireless display like my TV it automatically disconnects.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tommy678, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Tommy678 Win User

How to fix wireless display?

Whenever I try to connect to a wireless display like my TV it automatically disconnects.

:)

Tommy678, Mar 23, 2022

2. wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 23, 2022
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter

Hi Penny Wells,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when things do not work as they should. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the model of the TV?

This issue can occur if there is pending firmware update or the issue with the drivers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and let us know about the results:

Method 1: Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

Method 2: Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

If method 1 doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting Wireless
    Display Adapters
    refer the steps ‘Having trouble connecting your device to the adapter?’

Note: The above article contains steps regarding Firmware update.
    Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 23, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Not able to connect wireless display

Hi Madhu,

For us to provide a solution suited to your wireless display concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did you update your Windows?
    • Have you tried other troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, we suggest updating your wireless driver and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.

• Look for Network adapterand click it to expand.

• Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.

• Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver button to update the driver.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 23, 2022
Thema:

1. How to fix wireless display? - Similar Threads - fix wireless display

2. How do I fix wireless display install failed in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix wireless display install failed in Windows 10?: I have tried different methods such as manually installing it using the command prompt, turning off the metered connection, and switching to a different DNS server. But all seems to be not working....
  3. How do I fix wireless display install failed in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix wireless display install failed in Windows 10?: I have tried different methods such as manually installing it using the command prompt, turning off the metered connection, and switching to a different DNS server. But all seems to be not working....
  4. How to fix wireless display issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix wireless display issues: I'm trying to use my PC and project to a different screen using the Wireless Display app. I've tried this with both a laptop and my Xbox One, and both times it malfunctions. The Cast window on my PC continuously says "Connecting..." but after a while of the Wireless Display...
  5. How to fix wireless display issues

How to fix wireless display issues: I'm trying to use my PC and project to a different screen using the Wireless Display app. I've tried this with both a laptop and my Xbox One, and both times it malfunctions. The Cast window on my PC continuously says "Connecting..." but after a while of the Wireless Display...
  6. How To Fix Display App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Display App: I changed Text Size in Make Text Size Bigger Ease Of Access And I want Change it Back To Normal Then I adjusted it to 100% and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-display-app/7cc8b56b-2fae-452b-ae32-e01a5e6adcc0
  7. How To Fix Display App

How To Fix Display App: I changed Text Size in Make Text Size Bigger Ease Of Access And I want Change it Back To Normal Then I adjusted it to 100% and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-display-app/7cc8b56b-2fae-452b-ae32-e01a5e6adcc0
  8. How to fix wireless display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix wireless display?: Whenever I try to connect to a wireless display like my TV it automatically disconnects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-wireless-display/956cc0d4-d84a-4464-bac3-9db3693d2d7a
  9. Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display: Hi so I have been wanting tok connect my Lenovo Y540 to my TV via Wireless Display, but every time I try to connect my laptop freezes shortly when connected and then immidiatly dissconnects again. I cant seem to find anyone with a similar issue online, does anyonee know a...
  10. How to unpin Wireless display bar by default

in Windows 10 Support
    How to unpin Wireless display bar by default: I am using the wireless project feature for another laptop and also have a unpin the bar that shows up on the main computer. Is there a way to have this unpinned by default? I know is a new feature so may be limited. Article that explain feature I am talking about. Same for...