Windows 10: How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox

Discus and support How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some users have experienced an echo effect while communicating with their friends in Xbox Live Party. Xbox Live Party lets you invite people to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 3, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox

How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox Mic-causes-an-echo-on-Xbox.png
    Some users have experienced an echo effect while communicating with their friends in Xbox Live Party. Xbox Live Party lets you invite people to communicate with one another while watching movies and playing games. You can invite up to 7 people to Xbox Live Party. If your mic causes an echo on Xbox, you can […]

This article How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 3, 2022

2. Mic party echo

I play pc and my friend is on xbox one. When we are in a party he can hear his echo from my mic. I also come in very low, but he can hear his echo over my own voice. I am using a headset and a separate mic.

RegisCalegari, Aug 3, 2022
  3. KevinUZ Win User
    Mic echo

My parents bought me a newer mw 7000 mic and when I connected everything and put the cable in to my computer my voice started echoing. Is this the cheap mic or is it something I need to fix?

KevinUZ, Aug 3, 2022
  4. How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox

Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox

1. How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox - Similar Threads - fix Mic echo

2. How to fix speaker "echo"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix speaker "echo": My external speakers sound like I'm in a cave. after I pause any sound it echoes as if in a caveSpeakers were working fine and it happened overnight. I tried following the steps provided on similar threads to no avail....
  3. How to fix speaker "echo"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix speaker "echo": My external speakers sound like I'm in a cave. after I pause any sound it echoes as if in a caveSpeakers were working fine and it happened overnight. I tried following the steps provided on similar threads to no avail....
  4. How to fix speaker "echo"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?: My microphone works but isn't being picked up on the game bar. It says its detecting my mic in the audio settings but nothing shows up in the party, can't hear people either. Works in other apps such as discord but not it the game bar party. Seeing if anyone has had similar...
  6. How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?

How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?: My microphone works but isn't being picked up on the game bar. It says its detecting my mic in the audio settings but nothing shows up in the party, can't hear people either. Works in other apps such as discord but not it the game bar party. Seeing if anyone has had similar...
  7. Fix MIC echo effect on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MIC echo effect on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Are you getting an echo effect in the sound recorded by your microphone? If yes, here are some suggestions for you. Due to the echo effect, users are not getting the desired quality in the recorded audio. In this article, we will see some solutions to fix the MIC echo...
  8. Echoing sound with headphone mic

Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  9. Echo from Speaker/Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Echo from Speaker/Mic: I'm on Windows 10 on a 1 year old HP laptop. When I have the integrated Speaker/Headphone Realtek R Audio enabled I hear noise all the time and an echo when I speak/use the keyboard etc. I've tried muting my mic and muting speakers etc. Troubleshooter, Cortina, etc but if I...
  10. headset mic echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset mic echoing: My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-mic-echoing/b2dac021-32f8-43dd-8b34-2038c37c07b6