Windows 10: How to Fix Your PC’s Sound if Windows Update Just Broke It

Discus and support How to Fix Your PC’s Sound if Windows Update Just Broke It in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; From How To Geek --- https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/how-to-fix-your-pcs-sound-if-windows-update-just-broke-it/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidBaileyyz, Oct 14, 2018.

1. How to Fix Your PC’s Sound if Windows Update Just Broke It

DavidBaileyyz, Oct 14, 2018

2. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 14, 2018
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How to Fix Your PC’s Sound if Windows Update Just Broke It

PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

How to Fix Your PC’s Sound if Windows Update Just Broke It

1. How to Fix Your PC’s Sound if Windows Update Just Broke It - Similar Threads - Fix PC’s Sound

2. Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....: Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours. What is going on? Initially the Bluetooth headphones worked so I used this instead when the TV sound failed, but now nothing works. HOW CAN THIS BE FIXED PLEASE?...
  3. Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....: Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours. What is going on? Initially the Bluetooth headphones worked so I used this instead when the TV sound failed, but now nothing works. HOW CAN THIS BE FIXED PLEASE?...
  4. Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound: I just installed the Windows 10 Version 20H2 feature update, along with two associated quality updates, a driver update "Intel net 22.10.07", and a security definition update. And now videos and sound don't work. I'm not seeing any audio or video drivers available to be...
  6. This may just be the first time an update broke my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This may just be the first time an update broke my PC: Ok, the title is a bit misleading. It actually broke my desktop and personalization settings. So I got to install a feature update on my laptop and I honestly thought it was gonna be 2004. But then I checked winver and I realized it was 20H2 (which is a pretty new build). My...
  7. Windows update broke internet on my PC, nothing will fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update broke internet on my PC, nothing will fix it: Ever since I installed a windows update 2 days ago, the internet on my computer is repeatedly turning on and off while my pc is on. So when I try to load a webpage is could load instantly or take 15 seconds, and I get kicked from online video games over and over. I have...
  8. Windows update broke camera and bluetooth - how to fix?

Windows update broke camera and bluetooth - how to fix?: After the last Windows update, my PC cannot detect either the built-in webcam or any bluetooth functions. I have already reset the PC twice and would prefer not to have to do it again just to get basic functions working. The issue: camera cannot be detected, bluetooth...
  9. Update broke PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broke PC.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/linuslesser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2lams/update_broke_pc/
  10. Windows Update Broke My Sound

Windows Update Broke My Sound: Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor, stops working. I can switch to my headphones in "select playback device" and the sound still works there. But in order to get...