Windows 10: how to fixed 2 broken tasks if you manually ran them afterwards 2004

Discus and support how to fixed 2 broken tasks if you manually ran them afterwards 2004 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so here's my situation so back on july 13th I went into windows feature update 2004 from windows 1909 I made a dumb mistake in thinking of windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by y2jman, Aug 5, 2020.

1. y2jman Win User

how to fixed 2 broken tasks if you manually ran them afterwards 2004

so here's my situation so back on july 13th I went into windows feature update 2004 from windows 1909

I made a dumb mistake in thinking of windows defender scheduler scan task and windows maintenance wouldn't ran so I ran them manually on 27th apparently it seems I broke them and they wouldn't try to start to run automatically system

so since I couldn't roll back into 1909 because stayed 2 weeks I had no choice on that thurs to do media creation tool 2004 upgrade this pc now to reset all the task again and verification run that Friday up to mon

well i'm not a fan of media creation tool since didn't wait to see if the other 3 task would run or not so I went roll back to previous version which was what? yes 2004 from july 13th that has windows feature update mon afternoon

I waited verification scan cleanup scan the other 2 never scan still saying last scan was 27th<-when I manually scan them

I go into recovery to try to go back 1909 but it told me it was more then 10 days so I was stuck being in 2004 2 broken tasks once again

and I had no choice to go back into media creation 2nd time around to get them reset now verification did run last night so I guess I have to wait for 3 other task to actually run or not despite i'm not a fan of media creation tool

now both last thurs and mon I only did upgrade this pc now never did iso so I don't know if I will get notify windows summary scan or if I get yellow triangle saying need to do a scan from windows defender

it still saying green no action needed despite last time it scan was on 25th when I did get in feature window update telling me to scan

I guess what i'm trying to say since not a fan of media creation tool if I wanted to roll back again and be on feature window update 2004

how do I actually fixed this 2 task so they can run by system periodically because i'm so tired of chatting with Microsoft past few days/night trying to figure out what to do

I know somebody told me when they did media creation tool 2004 they did iso and they still get notify windows defender summary scan and if windows defender will alert you if it hadn't scan more then 2 or 4 weeks or not

but wasn't sure if would work doing upgrade this pc now using media creation tool<-which makes me nervous

I know 1 time i accident ran a task long time ago on a previous built but i was able to roll back to old version because i thought that task was broken key word was in which i cannot do that if i roll back media creation tool and it takes me back with feature update 2004 from july 13th i go into recovery and button greyed out can't go back into 1909

i'm screwed not sure what to do again if i stayed in 2004 after doing upgraded this pc now did mon media creation tool

do you guys think that i will still be able to get notify like i would in windows feature update summary scan windows defender and windows defender telling me i need to do a scan if haven't in 2, 3 or 4 weeks?

would i like to stay in feature window update 2004 from july 13th not be in media creation tool yes but i don't know how to fixed both windows defender task scheduler or windows defender cache because i manually ran them back on 27th

i already mention to you when i did roll back mon media creation tool back into july 13th that had windows feature update 2004 i waited for a good 20 3o mins both cleanup and verification scan ran but not other 2 still stuck on 27th when ran them aka broken

i know i pm a lot of folks past few weeks on this situation i apologize this is 1st time i'm in this situation whereas i cannot go previous version because waited 2 weeks ran 2 tasks like an idiot thinking they never ran automatically by system

i had no choice but was forced to media creation tool to reset the tasks again and i'm soo scared whether or not i still get notify windows defender summary scan once in awhile or when windows defender will alert me to do a scan like it did when i was in windows feature update 2004 and me only doing upgrade this pc now instead iso

:)

y2jman, Aug 5, 2020
  2. nfshp253 Win User

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such an issue with using the Jump Lists for Notepad++. Anyone know a solution to this?

how to fixed 2 broken tasks if you manually ran them afterwards 2004 [​IMG]

nfshp253, Aug 5, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Device manager, command promp (Admin), etc wont respond. Cant login as admin...How do I fix this?

After you ran the troubleshooter, you went to Windows update straightaway? Were the old updates still listed or did it have to search again?

If it had to search again then the troubleshooter successfully cleared the current queue of updates.

If not then manually clearing the queue
    might fix the problem. It has certainly been reported as fixing it.

See
    How do I reset Windows Update components KB971058
    and follow the steps for fixing it manually up to step 4a.
    The KB article allegedly applies to Windows 10 and the folders in para 4a do exist in Windows 10.
    If this still does not help then I can only suggest working through the whole thing.

Personally, I would run the Windows update troubleshooter again afterwards then go straight to Windows update so that I could see it having to check for its list of updates again.

This procedure might also clear the \Microsoft\windows\languagecomponentinstaller\installation so that might get added to the update list.

I am rapidly running out of sensible suggestions. If this does not resolve everything then I'll read the whole thread again in case there are any clues that I have overlooked. But at the moment I veer towards recommending a factory restore [if your Dell
    has that facility] or a full reinstallation.

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. how to fixed 2 broken tasks if you manually ran them afterwards 2004 - Similar Threads - fixed broken tasks

2. I have deleted the 2 tasks related to family monitoring in task scheduler how to bring them...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have deleted the 2 tasks related to family monitoring in task scheduler how to bring them...: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deleted-the-2-tasks-related-to-family/e1d1db59-2bc1-4c4a-b4cb-ae891fe698b0
  3. I have deleted the 2 tasks related to family monitoring in task scheduler how to bring them...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have deleted the 2 tasks related to family monitoring in task scheduler how to bring them...: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deleted-the-2-tasks-related-to-family/e1d1db59-2bc1-4c4a-b4cb-ae891fe698b0
  4. Original User account is broken, how to fix from User 2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Original User account is broken, how to fix from User 2?: Hi there people! I had this issue for maybe 2 years now. The cmd in my original account stopped working, it was opening and closing immediately and I tried 10+ fixes, none of it worked. So I've been using my PC without cmd for 2 years. I finally needed it so much that I had...
  5. Original User account is broken, how to fix from User 2?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Original User account is broken, how to fix from User 2?: Hi there people! I had this issue for maybe 2 years now. The cmd in my original account stopped working, it was opening and closing immediately and I tried 10+ fixes, none of it worked. So I've been using my PC without cmd for 2 years. I finally needed it so much that I had...
  6. Task manager is randomly closing after 1 - 2 minutes and computer lagging afterwards and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task manager is randomly closing after 1 - 2 minutes and computer lagging afterwards and...: when I close task manager, my pc lags entirely, when I open it, it closes after a few minutes, this has been happening for 4 months now, I downloaded something from a very trusty site, it cant be a virus, is there any way to fix it? windows update page wont open aswell so I...
  7. After 2004 upgrade, Start menu is broken, how i can fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 2004 upgrade, Start menu is broken, how i can fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/semen-azo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxpa93/after_2004_upgrade_start_menu_is_broken_how_i_can/
  8. Is Remote Desktop suddenly broken for you after 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Remote Desktop suddenly broken for you after 2004 update?: After it working fine for years prior, I can't log into my remote PC anymore. It asks for my credentials but it always says login attempt failed. I can login with these same credentials to the remote PC just fine so I know I'm entering the right password. Remote PC had 1909...
  9. Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you

in Windows 10 News
    Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you: [ATTACH] Final products are not perfect. The same goes for Windows 10 as well. However, Windows 10 v1809 which came out in October made User files disappear and ran into many other issues. The issue was so serious that Microsoft had [...] This post Should you manually Check...
  10. have you disabled the 2 MRT.exe tasks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    have you disabled the 2 MRT.exe tasks ?: Hi i have noticed with autorun that i have 2 tasks that run mrt.exe Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool i have disabled them do you have them ? thanks 43922