Windows 10: How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list

Discus and support How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do i flush the printer list that comes up when selecting the printer to print too? I guess this is some sort of Cache? This problem is I have many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clintlgm, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Clintlgm Win User

How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list

How do i flush the printer list that comes up when selecting the printer to print too? I guess this is some sort of Cache? This problem is I have many old deleted printer that continue to com up in the list to print too. Deleting them from Printer and devices does not change this list.
    To better explain the list I'm referring to When you invoke the print command form anywhere a list will come up and you select the printer you wish to use! This is the list I need to flush
    I need to flush this list and let it recreate the 3 actual printer that I have on the network
    I found this to be an issue since installing 20H2 my LAN printer don't want to start up so I have had to delete them and reinstall them so now the list shows Example HP 6700 LAN I Have two of these now and selecting the wrong one will cause the document to not print.
    Windows 10 Pro Version 202H 19042.572
    MB is Asus Z97
    Network is Work Group with Share with Authorized Users

:)

Clintlgm, Oct 27, 2020
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 27, 2020
  4. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list - Similar Threads - flush list Printer

2. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  3. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  4. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to make printer shareable when it is not listed as a printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make printer shareable when it is not listed as a printer?: My Casio CW50 shows up in device manager under USB devicesIt does not show up in printers and there have been no update to the driver since 2007and Casio does not show any printers or printer support on their website.It is not listed in printers so I cannot share it. It needs...
  6. How to make printer shareable when it is not listed as a printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make printer shareable when it is not listed as a printer?: My Casio CW50 shows up in device manager under USB devicesIt is not listed in printers so I cannot share it. It needs to be shared because all 6 drivers it uses show up as incompatible in windows 11 device security. I moved the printer to an old windows 10 system that does...
  7. How to make printer shareable when it is not listed as a printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make printer shareable when it is not listed as a printer?: My Casio CW50 shows up in device manager under USB devicesIt is not listed in printers so I cannot share it. It needs to be shared because all 6 drivers it uses show up as incompatible in windows 11 device security. I moved the printer to an old windows 10 system that does...
  8. multiple printers listed

multiple printers listed: Hi, how do I remove multiple listing of the same printer from windows 10? it only shows up on my Mail App and properties of the Printer. thankx. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. HP printer not showing in printer list

HP printer not showing in printer list: I have a new HP Envy x360 laptop and I just added an HP 5540 printer. This printer works fine with my other laptop The printer shows in my Printers and Scanners and shows as my default printer and the Test Page prints just fine. However when I try to print anything else the...
  10. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers": In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317