Windows 10: how to forbid "all apps can sign me in" for microsoft account

Discus and support how to forbid "all apps can sign me in" for microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi to everybody, I use a local account to log into my Windows 10 Pro 1809 PC. I have a micrososft account, but I want to fill it in manually when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanV64, Sep 11, 2019.

1. DanV64 Win User

how to forbid "all apps can sign me in" for microsoft account

Hi to everybody,

I use a local account to log into my Windows 10 Pro 1809 PC. I have a micrososft account, but I want to fill it in manually when I need to.

I removed it from the credential manager, but each time I go to the credential manager, the login of the microsoft account is back again. And - the biggest horror, in the settings in "email and accounts" I read ALL APPS can sign in.

The login must be hidden somewhere on the PC (I don't use any cloud).

Do you know how ban the login from the PC and how to block it's re-registering or do you know the hidden file which can be deleted after each login?

I know that there's a possibility to block it in the group policies. But there you block the "user" and not the "apps" and that's not what I want.

And please don't repeat that the credential manager is safe or that it is better to be logged in. I read it all the times, but I believe neither the first nor the second.

i would be thankful for a little help.

Kind regards

:)

DanV64, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. how to forbid "all apps can sign me in" for microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Sep 11, 2019
  3. CSMR(2) Win User
    Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Sep 11, 2019
  4. how to forbid "all apps can sign me in" for microsoft account

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

how to forbid "all apps can sign me in" for microsoft account

1. how to forbid "all apps can sign me in" for microsoft account - Similar Threads - forbid apps sign

2. Accounts>Email & accounts>Accounts used by other apps: How to change "all apps can sign me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts>Email & accounts>Accounts used by other apps: How to change "all apps can sign me...: Here is the screen shot, as you can see the option for “all apps and services can sign me in” on my outlook account is greyed out. How do I change this setting to "MS apps can sign me in"? Image 1I guess change this setting will allow me sign in with my Outlook account on...
  3. Accounts>Email & accounts>Accounts used by other apps: How to change "all apps can sign me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts>Email & accounts>Accounts used by other apps: How to change "all apps can sign me...: Here is the screen shot, as you can see the option for “all apps and services can sign me in” on my outlook account is greyed out. How do I change this setting to "MS apps can sign me in"? Image 1I guess change this setting will allow me sign in with my Outlook account on...
  4. How to turn off the all apps can sign me in setting, and why is it greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off the all apps can sign me in setting, and why is it greyed out: Here is the screen shot, as you can see the option for “all apps and services can sign me in” is greyed out. Could this be to do with microsoft family saftey...
  5. How to turn off the all apps can sign me in setting, and why is it greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off the all apps can sign me in setting, and why is it greyed out: Here is the screen shot, as you can see the option for “all apps and services can sign me in” is greyed out. Could this be to do with microsoft family saftey...
  6. all apps can sign me in

in Windows 10 Customization
    all apps can sign me in: does anyone know how to disable the feature "all apps can sign me in"? i have seen plenty of people with this same issue but have yet to see a solution. thank you for any help in advance....
  7. Microsoft apps won't let me sign in with my new account :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft apps won't let me sign in with my new account :(: So i recently made a new account and i was planning to get rid of my old one, so i went to any microsoft apps like microsoft edge, word and powerpoint to sign in to my new account, the pin thing pops up and i typed my pin, and it loads for a long time and it says "something...
  8. How to not sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to not sign into Microsoft account: So i am in the near future going to update my grandparents laptop to windows 10 with the media creation tool (from win 7) and they don't have or want a Microsoft account and make it to theres no password because they don't want one I am saying this because I was doing the...
  9. all apps can sign me in. wth

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    all apps can sign me in. wth: All apps can sign me in? wth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-can-sign-me-in-wth/5a7cfb8b-3ba8-4764-a67a-29ae7da34076"
  10. signing with personal account to all Microsoft apps installed on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    signing with personal account to all Microsoft apps installed on my computer: office 365 can't sign in with my personal account sorry we can't make this update because there are problems with your account. To fix your account, try signing in again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft apps can sign me in

2. change all apps can sign me in

3. disable all apps can sign me in

4. change the microsoftaccont can be all apps sign in me,
  5. how to change to all apps can sign me in windows 10,
  6. how to change all apps can sign me in,
  7. all apps sign me in,
  8. all apps acna sign me in,
  9. microsoft all apps can sign me in,
  10. cannot find Microsoft Apps can sign me in,
  11. change apps can sign me in microsoft,