Windows 10: How to force audio out to built in speakers when mic is plugged in headphone jack

Discus and support How to force audio out to built in speakers when mic is plugged in headphone jack in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've plugged in a PowerDeWise lapel microphone in my laptop's single (headphone) jack. It works. I want the audio out to come through the built in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StTakla1, Jan 16, 2021.

1. How to force audio out to built in speakers when mic is plugged in headphone jack

I've plugged in a PowerDeWise lapel microphone in my laptop's single (headphone) jack. It works. I want the audio out to come through the built in speakers instead of the jack, but it seems that once I've got something plugged in the headphone jack, it wants to output through it. Anyone know how to force audio output through built in speaker even though there's something plugged in the headphone jack? By the way, I only have one playback device - see image attached.

submitted by /u/StTakla1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StTakla1, Jan 16, 2021
  2. jamos316 Win User

audio/mic jack

i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack.
    i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used.
    how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?

jamos316, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Alex Jin Win User

How to force audio out to built in speakers when mic is plugged in headphone jack

How to force laptop to play through built-in speaker even when headphone jack is plugged in?

When I was attempting to take out my headphones I accidentally snapped the metallic connector off, so it became stuck in my computer's headphone jack slot. As a result, my computer now thinks there are headphones plugged in even though there are none plugged in. How do I force my laptop to play through the default speakers that are built into it?

Alex Jin, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

How to force audio out to built in speakers when mic is plugged in headphone jack

1. How to force audio out to built in speakers when mic is plugged in headphone jack - Similar Threads - force audio built

2. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  3. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  4. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  5. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  6. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB Headphone audio slides down automatically when plugging a mic into the Audio Jack. Very...

USB Headphone audio slides down automatically when plugging a mic into the Audio Jack. Very...: Can anyone help with this bizarre problem.https://imgur.com/a/iMsb4aX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-headphone-audio-slides-down-automatically-when/b11684ec-ccf2-4507-aa23-fe5290381246
  8. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.: I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They have been working fine for the past 6 months, up until as of this morning. Where only one of them function at a time. When I...
  9. no audio out of headphone jack

no audio out of headphone jack: Speakers work fine.Insert 1/8 plug into headphone jack and no sound output.My drum software says device disabled wont start.What are the proper settings when realtek audio are the only avail choice?...
  10. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...