Windows 10: How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy

Discus and support How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you do not want to allow users to browse the internet via a normal browser window or Incognito mode, you can force Chrome users to open Guest mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 31, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy

WinClub, Mar 31, 2021

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Mar 31, 2021
  4. How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy

Public Computer Chrome Private vs. Guest Mode

So I was on a public computer today and went to gmail and I always use Private Mode and in addition I restart the computer when I am done. Today was the first time I saw an option to browse in Guest mode as opposed to private mode.

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...sktop&hl=en-GB

Open Guest mode

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click the button with a name or People
      How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy lYTtYmZ_QVHxVby0ZAMB4AU08fjLUhmwZOSl78b73pDnfJbjNSxd3A9s4etSXdDQx7UJ.png
    3. Click Guest.

I noticed that the People icon is not available in Private mode but only when I open up a regular browser window. So on a public computer which offers more privacy selecting private mode or guest mode. I use a public computer every day for an hour or so and this was the first time I saw that option. TIA.

phaedruspress, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy

1. How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy - Similar Threads - force Chrome users

2. How do I force updates using group policy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I force updates using group policy?: We've been attempting to deploy windows updates for a while now and we're down to a small but substantial group of stragglers. I made a secondary group policy to enforce to finish off the last of the users who needed updates but even though their group policies are up to date...
  3. How do I force updates using group policy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I force updates using group policy?: We've been attempting to deploy windows updates for a while now and we're down to a small but substantial group of stragglers. I made a secondary group policy to enforce to finish off the last of the users who needed updates but even though their group policies are up to date...
  4. How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings

in Cortana
    How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings: IN VAIN have I done the suggested registry change and also set Local Group Policy to ENABLED for "Turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box" - but search history still shows....
  5. How to create Firefox bookmarks using Group Policy and Registry Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Firefox bookmarks using Group Policy and Registry Editor: Creating a Bookmark is a piece of cake, irrespective of the browser you are using. However, if Mozilla Firefox is your go-to browser, and you often create bookmarks, you can use the Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor to get the same job done. You will, however, first...
  6. How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor: [ATTACH]If you cannot open Windows Settings, you can set desktop wallpaper using the Local Group […] This article How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to force Group Policy Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to force Group Policy Update in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to force a Group Policy Update in Windows 10, you will […] This article How to force Group Policy Update in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]Google Chrome offers Guest mode in its browser, which is useful if you want to give someone temporary access on your computer. The advantage is that nothing is tracked, except if they sign in to some services. While Chrome Guest [...] This post How to always...
  9. Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your...
  10. Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome: How to: Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome How to Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing activity is...