Windows 10: How to force close a Program which Task Manager cannot terminate

Discus and support How to force close a Program which Task Manager cannot terminate in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] In this post, we will see how to force close a program, even when the program won’t close with Task Manager. To close unresponsive tasks or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 25, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to force close a Program which Task Manager cannot terminate

WinClub, Jul 25, 2018
  2. TomLaw2 Win User

Can't close Task Manager in Windows 10

I opened Task manager in Windows 10 to force a program to close and afterwards I can't get Task Manager to close. I attempted to open a new Task Manager window, but it just switched to the current TM window that I can't close.

TomLaw2, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Screwed up Task Manager

So somehow or another I was fuckin around with Task Manager trying to get a program to close and managed to make it turn into the sceenshot you see below.

Question is, how do i fix it?

How to force close a Program which Task Manager cannot terminate [​IMG]

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jul 25, 2018
  4. How to force close a Program which Task Manager cannot terminate

Task manager instantly closes after opend

Hello,

As an initial troubleshooting step, it would be best to scan for any unknown software that may affect other programs on your computer like your Task Manager.

Can you let us know if you are using Windows Defender as your anti virus program? If so, we suggest that you scan you computer right away.

Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

How to force close a Program which Task Manager cannot terminate

1. How to force close a Program which Task Manager cannot terminate - Similar Threads - force close Program

2. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager closes automatically.: So I just updated windows 10 recently, due to a power outage the update was unable to install.Then I updated it after the restart, when i open task manager it opens up and when I click on any tab like 'details','services',etc it just stops responding and closes.Then I tried...
  3. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager closes automatically.: So I just updated windows 10 recently, due to a power outage the update was unable to install.Then I updated it after the restart, when i open task manager it opens up and when I click on any tab like 'details','services',etc it just stops responding and closes.Then I tried...
  4. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Terminal process in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal process in Task Manager: Hello,What is the process called Terminal, shown in the Task Manager? Its icon is a sort of a black box. I'd be happy if you could clarify.Thanks,ET https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-process-in-task-manager/f3eecb4a-3f65-427f-b157-240a206a778c
  6. Terminal process in Task Manager

Terminal process in Task Manager: Hello,What is the process called Terminal, shown in the Task Manager? Its icon is a sort of a black box. I'd be happy if you could clarify.Thanks,ET https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-process-in-task-manager/f3eecb4a-3f65-427f-b157-240a206a778c
  7. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  8. Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.: Help, I have looked online for every single video or blog talking about the topic. My computer works fine, it hasn't seemed to slow down or anything, but one thing causes me a lot of trouble, my Task Manager does not work, once you click it, it opens and shows "No running...
  9. How to force close if I can't click on task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force close if I can't click on task manager?: I am using screencast-o-matic, but I am having an error where I cannot click on anything on my screen... I can use keyboard commands, I can open up task manager, but I cannot click on anything in task manager to force close screencast-o-matic... I tried alt-F4 and that...
  10. Task manager closes unsolicited

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager closes unsolicited: Hello, since yesterday's Windows 10 update, my task manager which I am used to keep always open suddenly closes and disappears from time to time. This is accompagnied by a noice of the processor which stops only after I reopen the taskmanager manually again. I already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. force close windows 10 not task manager