Windows 10: How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Discus and support How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Mar 29, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force close all of them without displaying end task dialog ?

Thanks

:)

William40, Mar 29, 2019
  2. rmoreau Win User

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Mar 29, 2019
  3. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Welcome to the forum How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? :)
    If you are saying that the laptop won't shutdown because you need to choose an option to save MSWord or not then I don't think it's possible to change that procedure when the lid is closed. But, maybe someone knows a registry hack or something to accomplish it
    If you want to force all running apps and software to close without saving then a Command Prompt shortcut is probably the easiest.
    See the Shutdown tutorial Option 8 and decide which Command Prompt is best for you, it will probably be

shutdown /s /f /t 0

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? [​IMG]
    Note Immediately force running apps to close, and then performs a full shutdown of the computer.
    or
    shutdown /s /hybrid /f /t 0

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? [​IMG]
    Note Immediately force running applications to close, and then performs a shutdown of the computer and prepares it for fast startup.
    • Copy the Command Prompt
    • Right click on an empty space on the Desktop
    • Select New > Shortcut
    • Paste the Command Prompt in the location box
    • Next
    • The name shutdown should appear in the box, edit that if you want
    • Finish
    Move the shortcut to wherever you like and/or pin to Taskbar or Start

Shut Down Computer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

FrillyBits, Mar 29, 2019
  4. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

1. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? - Similar Threads - force close apps

2. Windows 11 can't shutdown .... only restarts or force shutdown, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't shutdown .... only restarts or force shutdown, how do i fix this?: Just was having a normal day on my laptop yesterday ... and when I pressed the shutdown option in the start menu as normally should be done and instead of shutting down... it restarts. So I'm forced to force shutdown by pressing the power button on my keyboard I got an acer...
  3. Mail app keep force closing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app keep force closing.: Anybody else facing the Mail being crashed? This happens while I am trying to reply to a mail. I have updated the app using the MS Store two days ago. submitted by /u/dice_rolling [link] [comments]...
  4. How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 News
    How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart: [ATTACH]If you want to change the time interval for which Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart, you need to edit the value […] This article How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart first appeared on...
  5. Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. In order to get some apps and games from Google Play Store, I installed the emulator, Bluestacks., which came with Google Play Store. I installed a number of apps and games and they all run fine. The apps and games pin to start and their...
  6. Force shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....
  7. Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown: Hi, I've been having trouble with a specific app that refuses to close itself when I shutdown/reboot/logoff. Forcing the app to close won't hurt it or my data, it just refuses to close at shutdown because it's poorly coded. It's a big-name non-MS app so I won't name it....
  8. How to force close app and shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force close app and shutdown?: My windows 10 file explorer is not responding sometimes and it's been the 4th times. I don't know why. I wanted to restart explorer proces from task manager but task manager isn't working either. So I restart explorer using the restart explorer.bat file on the desktop that...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart: I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I...
  10. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?: Hi, I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved. Any suggestion ? Regards 67302

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

2. how to restart full pc closing all softwares services