Windows 10: How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Discus and support How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Mar 29, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force close all of them without displaying end task dialog ?

Thanks

:)

William40, Mar 29, 2019
  2. rmoreau Win User

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Mar 29, 2019
  3. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Welcome to the forum How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? :)
    If you are saying that the laptop won't shutdown because you need to choose an option to save MSWord or not then I don't think it's possible to change that procedure when the lid is closed. But, maybe someone knows a registry hack or something to accomplish it
    If you want to force all running apps and software to close without saving then a Command Prompt shortcut is probably the easiest.
    See the Shutdown tutorial Option 8 and decide which Command Prompt is best for you, it will probably be

shutdown /s /f /t 0

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? [​IMG]
    Note Immediately force running apps to close, and then performs a full shutdown of the computer.
    or
    shutdown /s /hybrid /f /t 0

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? [​IMG]
    Note Immediately force running applications to close, and then performs a shutdown of the computer and prepares it for fast startup.
    • Copy the Command Prompt
    • Right click on an empty space on the Desktop
    • Select New > Shortcut
    • Paste the Command Prompt in the location box
    • Next
    • The name shutdown should appear in the box, edit that if you want
    • Finish
    Move the shortcut to wherever you like and/or pin to Taskbar or Start

Shut Down Computer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

FrillyBits, Mar 29, 2019
  4. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

1. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ? - Similar Threads - force close apps

2. How to force install upgrades on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to force install upgrades on shutdown?: Hello. I manage a lot of windows 10 devices (currently running 1809) and need to deploy the upgrade to 1904 version. I use WSUS to deploy the upgrade. After I approved the installation, I see that computers are downloading and installing the update, but in order to complete...
  3. How can I force "shutdown /p" if regular shutdown hangs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I force "shutdown /p" if regular shutdown hangs?: Basically what's on the title, if a regular shutdown leads to the system hanging for a long time during the process, is there any way I can automatically dispatch a `shutdown /p` command? I've tried it using a timer in a Powershell script, set as the shutdown script in...
  4. Tabs will not close on shutdown

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs will not close on shutdown: I am on W10 Home Version 1809 and when I press shutdown the tabs will not close. I use MSN for homepage and outlook for Email. When I open the system the previous tabs that were used remain on the task bar. How do I eliminate this, thanks. . 125772
  5. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart: I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I...
  6. Force restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Force restart: [IMG]Excuse me, i want to ask what happened here on my pc, because the percentage didn’t move at all and it has been 1 hour, like this, can you tell me what i can do to fix this?...
  7. Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.

Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.: This problem has plagued my computer for quite a while now and I tested this with a few apps. I opened up Microsoft Word on my computer and then I selected "Shut down" from the Start Menu. When it displayed "shutting down," the dialog box saying "Closing apps and shutting...
  8. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  9. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?: Hi, I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved. Any suggestion ? Regards 67302
  10. Forced shutdown safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forced shutdown safe?: Although not Windows 10 fault my machine got hung up accessing a misbehaving NAS network share. Unfortunately it couldn't resolve and I couldn't restarte explorer. I then tried a shutdown via Ctrl Alt delete but it just laboured on 'restarting' but didn't do it. I left it a...