Windows 10: How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings

Discus and support How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings in Cortana to solve the problem; IN VAIN have I done the suggested registry change and also set Local Group Policy to ENABLED for "Turn off display of recent search entries in the File... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Jul 18, 2021.

1. How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings

IN VAIN have I done the suggested registry change and also set Local Group Policy to ENABLED for "Turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box" - but search history still shows.

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Jul 18, 2021
  2. lacrumb Win User

local group policy

Go Settings, type Local Group Policy in the box at the top.

lacrumb, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Local Group Policy: Windows 10 Pro is not applying settings for Windows Update

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this problem:

Yesterday I copied the Local Group Policy settings from another PC with Windows 10 Pro (x64).

I did this by copying the folder 'Machine' from within C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy to another PC with same OS (x64).

I did this a couple of times before and my experience is, it worked everytime. Up until now.

I tried to refresh the Local Group Policy settings by:

• Starting elevated CMD
    • Using 'gpupdate \force'
    • Rebooting
    • Login.
    When I check settings for Windows Update in Start > Settings , it does not tell me that 'some settings are managed by my organization'.

Strange.

How can I force Windows to use these policy settings?

If I look at gpedit.msc > Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update, the settings are there. Yet, it does not apply those settings to the computer. I have waited 10 hours now.

What´s wrong?

PS: The PC is not in a domain. How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings ;)

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Kind regards,

Richard

RichardJPostma, Jul 18, 2021
  4. jpeni Win User

How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings

Backup and Restore Local Group Policies

Is there a way to backup and restore all local and group policies entered in Windows 10?

Is there a way to share local and group policy settings in Windows 10?

I searched for Powershell scripts that can be used to change local and group policies but could not find any .ps1 scripts.

What programming language can be used to change local and group policies in Windows 10 so that it would be easier to customize new installations?

jpeni, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings

1. How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings - Similar Threads - force compliance Local

2. How to adjust template for shortcuts: local policy and/or AD Group policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to adjust template for shortcuts: local policy and/or AD Group policy: The default behavior is that when I create a shortcut to 'documents', for example, it makes the shortcut "Documents - Shortcut".Is there a policy somewhere that I can set that modifies this behavior?I've looked and searched but the terms to search are ambiguous and provide...
  3. How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings ?: IN VAIN have I done the suggested registry change and also set Local Group Policy to ENABLED for "Turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box" - but search history still shows. 182838
  4. How to force Group Policy Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to force Group Policy Update in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to force a Group Policy Update in Windows 10, you will […] This article How to force Group Policy Update in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Local group policies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policies: Hello, I have issue with windows 10 home basic. There is no options for Administrative Templates inLocal Group Policies. Please resolve this issue...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policies/bdbb2977-adf0-4aed-a08d-4dd5601fffac
  6. Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates: When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations. There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates. My questions : What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ? Why...
  7. Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates: When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations. There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates. My questions : What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ? Why...
  8. local group policy

local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  9. Group Policy Settings

Group Policy Settings: I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken. Does anyone know the steps to...
  10. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...