Windows 10: How to force install upgrades on shutdown?

Discus and support How to force install upgrades on shutdown? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I manage a lot of windows 10 devices (currently running 1809) and need to deploy the upgrade to 1904 version. I use WSUS to deploy the upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeanblu, Jun 28, 2019.

1. jeanblu Win User

How to force install upgrades on shutdown?

Hello. I manage a lot of windows 10 devices (currently running 1809) and need to deploy the upgrade to 1904 version.
    I use WSUS to deploy the upgrade. After I approved the installation, I see that computers are downloading and installing the update, but in order to complete the installation, an Restart is required.
    No problem with this, but the real problem is that to work and complete the instalaltion of this upgrade, the user need to click on Shutdown Button and choose the option "Update and Restart". If the user simple restart the computer or Shutdown the computer, this update is not installed.
    In my company the users normally Shutdown the computers when they leave work, so the update don't install.
    I used to use the "Install Updates and Shut Down" option, but seems this don't work anymore to Windows 10.
    How can I force this update to install when users shutdowns the computers?

:)

jeanblu, Jun 28, 2019
  2. rmoreau Win User

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jun 28, 2019
  3. little cat, Jun 28, 2019
  4. How to force install upgrades on shutdown?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

How to force install upgrades on shutdown?

1. How to force install upgrades on shutdown? - Similar Threads - force install upgrades

2. How to disable forced shutdown on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable forced shutdown on Windows 11: My PC randomly shuts down very frequently, and from the logs I was able to figure out that it’s due to the “forced shutdown” being activated, which I assume is what happens when you hold the power button for a while. Is there any way to deactivate this?...
  3. How to disable forced shutdown on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable forced shutdown on Windows 11: My PC randomly shuts down very frequently, and from the logs I was able to figure out that it’s due to the “forced shutdown” being activated, which I assume is what happens when you hold the power button for a while. Is there any way to deactivate this?...
  4. Windows 10 forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 forced shutdown: When using the "Start", "Power", "Shut down" option Windows 10 shuts down.UNLESS there is an application running that expects a user response.Too many times I have used the above and left, thinking Windows will shut down. Only to come back in the morning and find out that...
  5. Force installation of Windows Updates on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force installation of Windows Updates on Shutdown: My brother has a Windows 10 machine that doesn't use very often, and when he does, he never updates. This results on piling up hundreds of updates, that when you go to download them and restart, then laptop literally becomes unusable. How can I force a policy that will...
  6. Force shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....
  7. How to force close app and shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force close app and shutdown?: My windows 10 file explorer is not responding sometimes and it's been the 4th times. I don't know why. I wanted to restart explorer proces from task manager but task manager isn't working either. So I restart explorer using the restart explorer.bat file on the desktop that...
  8. How can I force "shutdown /p" if regular shutdown hangs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I force "shutdown /p" if regular shutdown hangs?: Basically what's on the title, if a regular shutdown leads to the system hanging for a long time during the process, is there any way I can automatically dispatch a `shutdown /p` command? I've tried it using a timer in a Powershell script, set as the shutdown script in...
  9. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?: Hi, I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved. Any suggestion ? Regards 67302
  10. Forced shutdown safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forced shutdown safe?: Although not Windows 10 fault my machine got hung up accessing a misbehaving NAS network share. Unfortunately it couldn't resolve and I couldn't restarte explorer. I then tried a shutdown via Ctrl Alt delete but it just laboured on 'restarting' but didn't do it. I left it a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsus install upgrades and shutdown button