Windows 10: How To Force iTunes to Use a Different Playback Device?

Discus and support How To Force iTunes to Use a Different Playback Device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to play my music from iTunes through my microphone so my friends can listen along with me. I have set up a virtual audio cable and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oliver_cool103, Jul 13, 2019.

1. How To Force iTunes to Use a Different Playback Device?

I want to play my music from iTunes through my microphone so my friends can listen along with me. I have set up a virtual audio cable and everything but I cannot find the setting to make iTunes use a different playback device than the default. Right now I have my default playback device patched through but then my friends hear all of my desktop audio and I don't want that.

:)

oliver_cool103, Jul 13, 2019
  2. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Different default playback device for each user profile.

Hi hs369258,

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to select a default sound output. If you want to replace your current audio device, you can select the other audio playback device available on your system and set it as
    default. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the sound icon in your system tray and click
      Playback Devices.
    2. On the Playback tab, check which device is the default. Then, right-click it then set it to default.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    https://winaero.com/blog/change-default-audio-device-windows-10/
    to perform an alternative option to change your default audio device.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Jul 13, 2019
  4. How To Force iTunes to Use a Different Playback Device?

Itunes does not detect device

Hi Stephen,

As per the above info, I suggest that you uninstall iTunes and reinstall it. If the issue persist, refer to the article If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod provided in the link below

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you have applies the above steps and still cannot detect your device, I suggest that you contact apple support for further rectification

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iTunes

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

How To Force iTunes to Use a Different Playback Device?

1. How To Force iTunes to Use a Different Playback Device? - Similar Threads - Force iTunes Different

2. iTunes devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes devices: It's quite time consuming for Apple servers to synchronize iTunes deauthorized devices ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-devices/672d02dd-7492-4635-996e-395c2496ce14
  3. iTunes devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes devices: It's quite time consuming for Apple servers to synchronize iTunes deauthorized devices ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-devices/672d02dd-7492-4635-996e-395c2496ce14
  4. playback device unable to use a mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playback device unable to use a mic: hello! so i recently discovered a problem, my playback device cannot be used with a mic, whenever I try to use a mic with the playback device, all audio just stops. btw I am using a Bluetooth headphone that has a mic. thanks for the help! btw please don't tell me to reinstall...
  5. Switching apps to different playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching apps to different playback devices: So Adobe Premiere Pro is currently outputting sound to speakers, how do I make it output to my headphones? I have tried Settings>System>Sound>App Volume Devices Preferences but it does not work. I also do not want to download other apps....
  6. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  7. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  8. How to add a playback device

How to add a playback device: I am trying to use headphones, but my computer (Asus, Windows 10 pro) won't recognize them. I now need to add headphones as a playback device but there doesn't seem to be an option for that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....
  9. Different default playback device for each user profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different default playback device for each user profile.: Is it possible to set a different default playback device for each user? I have one user account for which I want the computer speakers to always play and a gaming profile for which I want to use my headphones. Each time I switch users I also have to switch playback...
  10. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes change playback device

2. how to change itunes playback device on pc