Windows 10: How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

Discus and support How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Okay so check this out: So I am aware that If I press Ctrl+Click on a link, it will open in a new tab, yet I'm not asking for that. There are certain... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pepanee, Apr 27, 2019.

1. pepanee Win User

How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

Okay so check this out:

So I am aware that If I press Ctrl+Click on a link, it will open in a new tab, yet I'm not asking for that.
    There are certain websites that when I only Left Click a link, it automatically opens in a new tab. So now I have two tabs open; the same page that I left clicked the link from, and a new tab of the web address of that link that I clicked.

So I'm wondering, is there any keyboard key that I can hold down and once I click on that same link, it will forcefully be opened in that same tab?

Thanks

:)

pepanee, Apr 27, 2019
  2. CKDexterH Win User

Google Chrome Tabs.

In Google Chrome, I can right click and open numerous links in a new tab. But when I click on the tab the program freezes and I'm forced to use Task Manager to close Google Chrome.

CKDexterH, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

1. How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Force Open Link

2. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  3. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  4. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How many tabs can we open in Google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many tabs can we open in Google chrome: Guys,Technically how many tabs can I open in google chrome browser on my windows 11 laptop , provided with 16 GB RAM and a good cooling system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-tabs-can-we-open-in-google-chrome/e90cd029-509a-4bc4-9149-26f37a02e478
  6. how to force a link to open in the same tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to force a link to open in the same tab: One website always opens links in a new tab. How can I force it to open in the same tab? I use Firefox with Win10, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-force-a-link-to-open-in-the-same-tab/8588a9f1-c274-486c-8566-6a9c5beb1668
  7. how to force a link to open in the same tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to force a link to open in the same tab: One website always opens links in a new tab. How can I force it to open in the same tab? I use Firefox with Win10, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-force-a-link-to-open-in-the-same-tab/8588a9f1-c274-486c-8566-6a9c5beb1668
  8. how to force a link to open in the same tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. is that a google chrome tabs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is that a google chrome tabs?: the number beside google chrome, is that how may tabs you have open? or what? because i only have 2 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-google-chrome-tabs/e2a376d1-e8f8-4739-a5b7-4d2e63794770
  10. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...