Windows 10: How to force proper Windows titlebars and borders for ALL windows?

Discus and support How to force proper Windows titlebars and borders for ALL windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why do certain windows in Windows 10 have no decent title bar and no borders? E.g. "normal" windows have a title bar and a visible border that changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mmo, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

How to force proper Windows titlebars and borders for ALL windows?

Why do certain windows in Windows 10 have no decent title bar and no borders?
    E.g. "normal" windows have a title bar and a visible border that changes to the "active" color when that windows receives the keyboard focus. But other windows (most notably example: Outlook 2013) have no such frame, i.e. there are no borders around that window and hence one has no indication that this window currently has the keyboard focus. It is also almost impossible to hit the border on such windows to e.g. resize it: the range where the cursor changes to the drag symbol is one or two pixels only and it is almost impossible to press the mouse button without shifting the mouse when trying to grab such a border.
    I find that annoying and irritating! Can one somehow adjust or force that ALL windows should have proper borders?

:)

2. 彦轲宋 Win User

How to get the white titlebars back?

After I made the KB2504637 updates, my titlebars and borders turned to be colorized. I did not check the box for "show accent color on title bars" option in the color settings, but there are still colored titlebars. How can I get the white titlebars back?
    How to force proper Windows titlebars and borders for ALL windows? [​IMG]

彦轲宋, Jan 5, 2017
  3. Martmcd Win User
    task bar appearance

that's great for getting the titlebar, borders and icon underlines to the colour of your choice but does not change the colour of the taskbar

Martmcd, Jan 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, the border is under the control of the programmer. There is the Windows default style of border, and then individual programs may be implemented with a quite different style. Many multimedia programs are like this, for example. This is frustrating where, for example, utilities add buttons to the border, and so fail to do so where the border is non-standard.

You might find Alt-drag of interest - it would give you a different approach to resolving your problem (freeware):
    AltDrag

How to force proper Windows titlebars and borders for ALL windows? [​IMG]

More options under other tabs.

dalchina, Jan 5, 2017
Thema:

1. How to force proper Windows titlebars and borders for ALL windows? - Similar Threads - force proper titlebars

2. Black border on all windows and fields

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border on all windows and fields: I'm getting black border on all the windows and fields. How to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-on-all-windows-and-fields/7693ac77-3162-4ce0-a874-4f386ca950be
  3. Black border on all windows and fields

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border on all windows and fields: I'm getting black border on all the windows and fields. How to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-on-all-windows-and-fields/7693ac77-3162-4ce0-a874-4f386ca950be
  4. How To Force ALL Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Force ALL Windows Updates: Good Day,Does anyone knows how to use Windows 10/11 policy to force all Windows updates and security patches without user interactions. We do not have a Domain but use Workgroup instead. I need to setup a policy on this individual computers to download and install the updates...
  5. How To Force ALL Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Force ALL Windows Updates: Good Day,Does anyone knows how to use Windows 10/11 policy to force all Windows updates and security patches without user interactions. We do not have a Domain but use Workgroup instead. I need to setup a policy on this individual computers to download and install the updates...
  6. How To Force ALL Windows Updates

7. XP titlebar for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    XP titlebar for windows 10: Hello! Does anyone know how i can get the Windows 10 Title bar to be the XP titlebar? i am making my pc look like XP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xp-titlebar-for-windows-10/c2564649-fb58-42d9-879b-d8e4253a89bb
  8. Window titlebar of file explorer on secondary screen does not align with window border on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window titlebar of file explorer on secondary screen does not align with window border on...: Hello, On my laptop when the secondary screen is connected, the window title bar of file explorer on secondary screen does not align with window border on top-right side (see the picture below), and there is a ugly gray line under the window title bar. These do not happen on...
  9. Hiding Titlebars of open windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding Titlebars of open windows: Is there any way to hide the titlebar of any window using a hotkey combination or something like that? I have found a way to do it for explorer and some programs using AHK but it doesnt work with metro apps and programs that have their own custom titlebars (eg Chrome)....
  10. Broken Titlebars

Broken Titlebars: What's going on in this pic? [img] So my display driver crashed and restarted, but the titlebars remained broken. If I'd click on the titlebar and drag (as I'm doing to waterfox), it'd show an Aero titlebar. What? Did MS just leave some W7 styles in by accident or...