Windows 10: How to force quit a non-responsive app when it won’t allow me to select task manager?

Discus and support How to force quit a non-responsive app when it won’t allow me to select task manager? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes my game crashes, and it won’t let me access other applications. It’s just stuck. How do I fix this? Ctrl + Alt + Delete is useless cause I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tidder_si_ecin, Jun 14, 2020.

1. How to force quit a non-responsive app when it won’t allow me to select task manager?

Sometimes my game crashes, and it won’t let me access other applications. It’s just stuck. How do I fix this? Ctrl + Alt + Delete is useless cause I can’t access task manager, and I don’t want to continuously restart my computer.

submitted by /u/Tidder_si_ecin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tidder_si_ecin, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Battlegun Win User

Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime

I've somewhat recently ran into this problem on my Windows 10 machine. Every time I boot up Task Manager and want to close it (using the X button), Task Manager crashes and I have to force quit it. It's not a major concern, but it does annoy me and lose me a few seconds each time.

Any help is definitely appreciated.

Battlegun, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Jun 14, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

How to force quit a non-responsive app when it won’t allow me to select task manager?

Mail and Calendar App non responsive

Ever since the last os update, this app is non responsive. I have 2 mail accounts setup, 1 is msn.com and the other is an outlook.com address (the main account for W10). Worked as intended before update. Now on 1511 10586.63. Here is screen shot of app. Was going to try and uninstall & then install but option is greyed out. Notice no accounts are showing under Accounts. Any suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

How to force quit a non-responsive app when it won’t allow me to select task manager?

1. How to force quit a non-responsive app when it won’t allow me to select task manager? - Similar Threads - force quit non

2. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  3. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  4. Programs not quitting, instead hiding to task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not quitting, instead hiding to task manager: when I close programs, they may not actually close, but continue to run and use my processing power, while only being viewable via the task manager. this only started happening recently, maybe a week ago. I've only seen this happen in games payday 2, r6s, rocket league,...
  5. Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application

Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application: I have two versions of the same app. Currently, in Default Apps, the associated app is the wrong version and I need to change it. When I go to Default Apps and click to change it, it does not give me the option of the other version -- presumably because they are the same name...
  6. Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties: For the past couple months the Xbox Apps have been acting up. The Xbox App, regular and beta versions, along with the Windows game bar won’t allow me to join or create parties. Every time I try clicking on join a party I get a constant spinning wheel, then, nothing, reverts...
  7. Task Manager will not allow me to change a files priority

Task Manager will not allow me to change a files priority: I'm trying to change the priority settings for a game called Squad from 'normal' to 'high' and I keep getting an "access denied" message. How do I get access?...
  8. Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime: I've somewhat recently ran into this problem on my Windows 10 machine. Every time I boot up Task Manager and want to close it (using the X button), Task Manager crashes and I have to force quit it. It's not a major concern, but it does annoy me and lose me a few seconds each...
  9. Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.: Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the new Opera 36 Browser. I like the look of it and would like to trial it for a while. However when I attempted to set it as default in Settings/Default Apps it will not accept the Opera Icon. I visited select defaults for Apps and ticked access...
  10. Mail and Calendar App non responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar App non responsive: Ever since the last os update, this app is non responsive. I have 2 mail accounts setup, 1 is msn.com and the other is an outlook.com address (the main account for W10). Worked as intended before update. Now on 1511 10586.63. Here is screen shot of app. Was going to try and...